PETA - Ben & Jerry's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. There's ignorant, unwise, unlearned, or unable.

But then, there's just stupid. I'm talking people so dumb you can't fathom how they brush their teeth without ramming the brush through the back of their throat. I wonder, if the author of that letter stared into the sky when it rained, would she drown?

Watch out for cow's milk guys, we're all gonna die because we drink cow's milk and not baby's milk. It's not like we stopped drinking that when we were weaned or anything.

EWWWWWWW!

Actually, I just tasted some ice cream made with coconut rather than dairy products. Couldn't tell any difference in taste or texture other than it tasted really, really good. I sampled it at Whole Foods.

Just when you think you've seen or heard it all.....

sSig_IthinkImgoing.gif

New Ben & Jerry's flavor: Saliva Godiva Chocolate

As for the human milk idea, Le Leche League could become a huge for-profit venture!

Saliva Godiva!!!!!!!!! Too funny.

Spittle Vittles? Loogy Nouget?

If the calories are kept low they could produce Slim Phlegm!

For extra Sputum, go forthe Tooty Spewty! (with extra TB surprise inside!)

Good grief. Sometimes I wish we had an open season on stupid. Of course some of these same PETA folks are rabid feminists as well. Talk about a conflict of convictions!

If PETA was consistent only the mammaries of the vegan populations would be tapped. Perhaps a stamp on the human cattle of "100% meat free" would guarantee the quality of the production.

Setting aside PETA (not a fan of), the FDA (also not a fan of), and logistical issues (as in, ice cream would become expensive and rare)...this really isn't a HORRID idea. Breastmilk is pumped and donated for various cancer patients as well (non-infants). I have no problem with cow milk personally, but I also know the issues that come with it. And I'm against many of the practices that go into large dairy production (from experience)...just knowing those things and the health risks involved, would turn many people off of dairy products. Breastmilk is truly healthier...just not a good business choice here in the US.

Yeah, ya'll can call me all the names you want
treehugger.gif

Is there any biblical prohibition against ingesting the secretions of other humans? Babies do it I guess, but why does this idea sound so gross. Drinking people's spit sounds gross too, but what if research proved that the cross-transfer of lysosomes had a medical benefit?

Is there any biblical prohibition against ingesting the secretions of other humans? Babies do it I guess, but why does this idea sound so gross. Drinking people's spit sounds gross too, but what if research proved that the cross-transfer of lysosomes had a medical benefit?

It sounds gross because of our culture...period. Breastfeeding in public is a normal thing...but some people just think it's gross because they were taught that it was gross, not because it actually is.

Can you name a culture where adults breastfeed? And from the breasts of strangers?
I didn't say breastfeeding and neither did you ;) You said taking in secretions (in this case breastmilk...one does not need to be directly at the breast to do this). And yes, I did already post an example. There are those that have received donated breastmilk to drink in place of cow's milk due to cancer and the immune system. No, I don't have all the information right at hand, but I'm certain you could do a search on the subject ;)

Watch out - the butter on that popcorn smiley might be from the ample bosoms of your neighbor thanks to PETA!

Can you name a culture where adults breastfeed? And from the breasts of strangers?
I didn't say breastfeeding and neither did you ;) You said taking in secretions (in this case breastmilk...one does not need to be directly at the breast to do this). And yes, I did already post an example. There are those that have received donated breastmilk to drink in place of cow's milk due to cancer and the immune system. No, I don't have all the information right at hand, but I'm certain you could do a search on the subject ;)

Fair enough.

You poor gents...I'm sorry, but I think some of you get more heebie jeebies than womenfolk. And I am totally not a feminist.

My 1 year old (plus 5 months) sneezed on me 2 days ago and I actually went and jumped in the shower! But I needed one anyway.

My 1 year old (plus 5 months) sneezed on me 2 days ago and I actually went and jumped in the shower! But I needed one anyway.
Sounds like my husband...he can't deal with baby drool. Of course, we've never had a baby drool as much that this one.

PETA is nuts. According to them, having pets means owning SLAVES. And do you know what else they support? The complete extermination of pit bull breeds! How ethical. I'm sure that is in no way related to the fact that the president of PETA was attacked by one when she was younger. :think: LOL and did you know that part of Michael Vick's animal cruelty "rehab" he took PETA classes? THEY KILL MORE PIT BULLS THAN HE DOES! Oh, and they've given money to the ALF (Animal Liberation Front, a terrorist "animals rights" organization that blows up animal labs, etc.). They love animals more than people, it seems.
Then again, it is true that cow milk, especially if not organic, can do some weird stuff to the human body. Most nutritionists suggest not consuming it. But to replace it with human milk, are you kidding me? So now women in poor countries have a job! But what makes PETA think that women in impoverished countries won't be mistreated like those cows are? They probably aren't concerned about it, actually...Amnesty International can deal with it. So, even if I was persuaded by most of PETA's suggestion to substitute cow milk with human milk, my support would have unequivocally been shattered by this little statement right here:
[After being dairy cows,] their exhausted bodies are turned into hamburgers or ground up for soup.
Wowza... that seems good to me!
b116b78c2b39d1c0.jpg

:soapbox: Sorry for the rant, I just hate PETA lol... why can't their be no animal cruelty while using common sense and not being an extremist? Oh well, nothing against the people personally...they just seriously need Christ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back