PCA General Assembly in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr. Roy Taylor said his intention, unless otherwise instructed, would be to print the items, with strikeouts.

The Moderator made some announcements, and we are being dismissed in prayer for lunch.

Yes, why is it so far ahead? Bills & Overtures wasn't supposed to start reporting until 1 at least (according to what I've heard) and the online schedule said 4:05pm for the start. :(

so am i to understand right now vis a vis #9, the only thing that has happened is the rationale for the overture has been modified?

Yes, why is it so far ahead? Bills & Overtures wasn't supposed to start reporting until 1 at least (according to what I've heard) and the online schedule said 4:05pm for the start. :(

That schedule was a prediction. Some of the earlier reports went faster than predicted. When they finish with one thing, they go to the next.

:detective:

so am i to understand right now vis a vis #9, the only thing that has happened is the rationale for the overture has been modified?

I don't understand the question. The rationale was set in stone by vote of the full committee day before yesterday evening around 4:45, as I recall.

It is a curiosity of recent PCA GA procedures that overtures cannot be amended on the floor of GA now.

We are opening in prayer again.

On the upcoming debate over the majority and minority reports on Overture 9, the only choices the assembly has, as I understand it, are to vote one of them up, both of them down, or recommit one or both to them to the Overtures Committee.

I.e., they cannot be amended on the floor.

The thinking being, as I understand it, the floor is too large and unwieldy to do intricate amendments, and such things are better done in committees who can hammer them out ahead of time with due reflection, and, I suppose, time to correct disastrous mistakes through emergency meetings before being implemented.

:detective:

There was a lot of competition for some of the committee slots, and very little on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back