PCA GA at Disney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just MHO, but all the speculation should stop until the entirety of details surrounding the reason and rhyme of the locale is known. We're talking about a denomination that is composed of many (albeit not all) godly and Reformed Pastors. Let's just hold off.

:2cents:

I'm not sure that anything that the PCA would offer would serve as a "good reason" to hold a GA at Disney World. I agree that until it is officially announced, we probably should hold off on discussion - but discussion of the propriety of the perennial problem of wildly expensive GA accomodations and such is not beyond reason or outside the bounds of appropriate discussion.

According to the GA website I find, this is apparently a done deal. pass out the Mickey Ear hats.

This is a sad joke. OK, PCA Elders and Brothers, anybody got a sound reason for making a mockery of our denomination like this? Does anybody expect decisions from the Enchanted Kingdom to be taken seriously? Shouldn't we vacation with our families on our own dime and our own time?

According to the GA website I find, this is apparently a done deal. pass out the Mickey Ear hats.

This is a sad joke. OK, PCA Elders and Brothers, anybody got a sound reason for making a mockery of our denomination like this? Does anybody expect decisions from the Enchanted Kingdom to be taken seriously? Shouldn't we vacation with our families on our own dime and our own time?

Do you have a link to where Disney World is the location? All I see on the GA website is that it is to take place in Orlando. There's more to Orlando than Mickey.

Do you have a link to where Disney World is the location? All I see on the GA website is that it is to take place in Orlando. There's more to Orlando than Mickey.
See post #16.

See post #16.

That's not the GA website. The GA website only says that it will be in Orlando, but offers no details. I'd hold off on picking up stones until you have something official.

See post #16.

That's not the GA website. The GA website only says that it will be in Orlando, but offers no details. I'd hold off on picking up stones until you have something official.
Brother, would a TE lie about this on a PCA Church website? Or just make it up?

You might say it could be an error, but I'll give the TE the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't post something he didn't actually know. The man who first mentioned this to me said it was to be on WDW property, so I have no reason to doubt that.

But perhaps someone here on PB with better knowledge of these things can help us out. Anybody?

You might say it could be an error, but I'll give the TE the benefit of the doubt that he wouldn't post something he didn't actually know. The man who first mentioned this to me said it was to be on WDW property, so I have no reason to doubt that.

I just wanted to clarify your statement. By referring to the GA website, some might have assumed that you were referring to the official PCA general assembly website (http://http://www.pcaac.org/GeneralAssembly.htm) which so far only lists Orlando as the location.

Although I have no reason to disbelieve your sources, I second Joshua's suggestion that we all take a deep breath and wait until we have something more concrete to talk about.

I'm not going to argue or whatever.

But I have a question about this whole process. I know the administration committee handles it.

A few years before each GA, why doesn't the GA get a list of presbyteries who have volunteered to host GA (in their particular cities, and where the GA would be held) and then put it to a vote before the Assembly. Instead of a committee choosing, the GA is deciding. And debate could take place, like if it was Orlando, someone could step up and say that this will be too expensive for RE's and churches to send someone too. We need something cheaper.

So why not put it to a vote before GA, so people won't complain so much.

When the US Gov't was deciding upon a site to house the branches of the federal gov't, part of the criteria was that it be a place that would evoke respect and honor, and what is now the District of Columbia was selected in part because of its natural beauty and historical significance. They have worked hard since then to usurp that respect and honor, but that was the original intent.

The PCA apparently holds no such desire to evoke respect and honor, they just want a fun place for the participants.

It amazes me that there were so few men on the committee deciding this to whom it struck as inappropriate that the suggestion would pass.

Perhaps after it is all over we will be known as the "Disney Denomination". Ugh.

I am surprised that denominations aren't taking up videoconferencing as a serious way to have the necessary meetings while cutting down on the cost.

Maybe you could get Goofy to read a paper on the Federal Vision.

I think Fred Greco had a part in this 'Walt Disney World' thing. He probably just wanted to take his kids there on vacation.

So it's not exactly as if the convention is being held in the Magic Kingdom. . .

I'm sure we could find something objectionable about any large convention hotel.
Not the Magic Kingdom, but right in the heart of the Animal Kingdom. Definitely a WDW owned and operated park hotel.

Now, it's not actually in the Animal Kingdom either, is it? It's right outside the gates, if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back