PCA church? Did I read that right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edward said:
There were some good churches, if perhaps in some cases excessively tolerant of friends, in Louisiana Presbytery, as well. One ended up in N.Tx, a couple in Mississippi Valley, and 2 or 3 in South Louisiana.

"There were some good churches"?!?! Were?! Seriously? You don't believe there is a faithful church left in the Pacific Northwest Presbytery?

If you ever find yourself in the Portland area I would love to have you visit WPC Vancouver to show you otherwise (though I get the feeling you would be unwilling to step foot in our doors).

I think you misread Edward. He wrote, "There were some good churches ... in Louisiana Presbytery." He's writing in the past tense because Louisiana Presbytery no longer exists. From my reading, Edward thinks it would be better for everyone if the bulk of churches in PNW that aren't a good fit in the PCA would leave and let the remaining churches become part of the neighboring presbyteries. I'm not sure why you have taken that to mean that there aren't any good churches in PNW.

If I did misread Edward (which is probably most likely) then I sincerely apologize for doing so and responding in the way that I did.

Edward said:
There were some good churches, if perhaps in some cases excessively tolerant of friends, in Louisiana Presbytery, as well. One ended up in N.Tx, a couple in Mississippi Valley, and 2 or 3 in South Louisiana.

"There were some good churches"?!?! Were?! Seriously? You don't believe there is a faithful church left in the Pacific Northwest Presbytery?

If you ever find yourself in the Portland area I would love to have you visit WPC Vancouver to show you otherwise (though I get the feeling you would be unwilling to step foot in our doors).

I think you misread Edward. He wrote, "There were some good churches ... in Louisiana Presbytery." He's writing in the past tense because Louisiana Presbytery no longer exists. From my reading, Edward thinks it would be better for everyone if the bulk of churches in PNW that aren't a good fit in the PCA would leave and let the remaining churches become part of the neighboring presbyteries. I'm not sure why you have taken that to mean that there aren't any good churches in PNW.

If I did misread Edward (which is probably most likely) then I sincerely apologize for doing so and responding in the way that I did.

A lot of times when you leave a Presbytery (or a Presbytery disbands like in La.), and your church is small, and for whatever reason you seek to gain entrance into another Presbytery, it can be very difficult if not impossible. This came up in a former La. church I was in. The church was almost too small to gain admittance.

A lot of times when you leave a Presbytery (or a Presbytery disbands like in La.), and your church is small, and for whatever reason you seek to gain entrance into another Presbytery, it can be very difficult if not impossible. This came up in a former La. church I was in. The church was almost too small to gain admittance.

Why would a church's size hinder its ability to move into the presbytery if it is already an established church?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back