PC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, yes, the MechWarrior series was near and dear to my heart, since I used to read the books and play the board game Battletech in high school.

Also, I liked the SWAT series, especially SWAT 2. For flight sims, X-Wing and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter are masterful.

Wow, I really was a geek. *Fighting urge to stop homework and play video games.*

Waaay back before Battletech came out with their board game, and subsequent RPG, they had a series of booklets available whereby you and a friend could wage mechanized war against one another. The booklets were representative of different mech classes, and you would give yours to your opponent. Each page was a different view from the cockpit, so that if you jumped or launched a missile barrage, the player holding your book would turn to that page (after he also declared his move, and both players movements were factored in together) and then he would see you performing that action at various distances, angles, or even off of your page if he were behind or above you.

But that was a looooong time ago. 23 years, I believe. I was in the 4th grade when a friend and I made a big trip with his mom to some game store in Portland, Oregon.

Car Wars came out in similar form in the early '80's, and I was into those booklet games. I don't recall them ever graduating to PC game status, though. Pity.

Theognome

Ah, yes, the MechWarrior series was near and dear to my heart, since I used to read the books and play the board game Battletech in high school.

Also, I liked the SWAT series, especially SWAT 2. For flight sims, X-Wing and X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter are masterful.

Wow, I really was a geek. *Fighting urge to stop homework and play video games.*

Waaay back before Battletech came out with their board game, and subsequent RPG, they had a series of booklets available whereby you and a friend could wage mechanized war against one another. The booklets were representative of different mech classes, and you would give yours to your opponent. Each page was a different view from the cockpit, so that if you jumped or launched a missile barrage, the player holding your book would turn to that page (after he also declared his move, and both players movements were factored in together) and then he would see you performing that action at various distances, angles, or even off of your page if he were behind or above you.

But that was a looooong time ago. 23 years, I believe. I was in the 4th grade when a friend and I made a big trip with his mom to some game store in Portland, Oregon.

Car Wars came out in similar form in the early '80's, and I was into those booklet games. I don't recall them ever graduating to PC game status, though. Pity.

Theognome

Oh, this is getting sorry. I can remember my older cousin keeping his Car Wars books in his bag when he would come to visit, and we would sneak in and read them when he was out.

space invaders. that is it and that is all. once i had removed this awful temptation from my life, but after joining PB i discovered it in the arcade and have once again been pulled into the pits of sin wasting time shooting white darts at a rampaging invasion of wobbling blobs. :p

Oh, this is getting sorry. I can remember my older cousin keeping his Car Wars books in his bag when he would come to visit, and we would sneak in and read them when he was out.

Rangerus said:
space invaders. that is it and that is all. once i had removed this awful temptation from my life, but after joining PB i discovered it in the arcade and have once again been pulled into the pits of sin wasting time shooting white darts at a rampaging invasion of wobbling blobs.

We all need prayer at this point.

Theognome

Oh man, I have wasted some epic amounts of time in the past playing the following:
Pirates!
Seven Cities of Gold
Empire Earth (as well as Age of Empires)

But I've got to say (somewhat shamefacedly) that Hearts of Iron II: Doomsday (as well as the Armageddon/Mod 34 patches) are near and dear to my PC's CPU.

Theognome

Wow, Car Wars! That's a name I haven't heard for a long. Great game.

Wow. I thought I was old school for having the 1st edition Battletech books, game, authentic pewter figures, and 1st edition MechWarrior RPG handbook.

"Myst" is the only MUST PLAY pc game for christians, you can let your children play that with no worries, but no worries they will not be able to get you of the pc when you have started that game, it is Great!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back