PB Freshmen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joseph Scibbe

Puritan Board Junior
I was wondering: I see in my avatar that I am a "Puritan Board Freshmen". I am assuming that this shows that I am decently new here, but was wondering what the method for "advancing" in my level is (ie How does one beome a PB Sophomore?).

1-500 posts=Freshman
500-1000=Sophomore
1000-2000=Junior
2000 & up=Senior
whippersnapper=Awesomeness.

:D

Mods please correct me if I got the numbers wrong. :)

I guess that explains why the seniors are selling me elevator passes! All I want to know is how to use the buttons, when do I get to thank someone (I know, I'm a guy and I don't like to read directions!), and where's the lunchroom!!!

I guess that explains why the seniors are selling me elevator passes! All I want to know is how to use the buttons, when do I get to thank someone (I know, I'm a guy and I don't like to read directions!), and where's the lunchroom!!!

You are not allowed to be thankful until you have 25 posts. Sorry. :um:

I think Randy got the fish (catfish though) and the eggs will have to wait till they've sat out in the sun for about a week. Should be ready to go Monday.

can we buy indulgences?

"As soon as a coin in the coffer rings / the *freshman* from purgatory springs."

18tezel.jpg

-----Added 4/24/2009 at 04:27:09 EST-----

So we advance through being garrulous??!!!! What would Proverbs say about that?

Silence freshman!!! :p

(Hey, this is kinda fun!)

If we thin and scrawny freshmen (don't I wish!) WERE speaking up, would you wizened heads have to turn up the hearing aids to hear us? And to think that I didn't even read enough instructions to know that I had to post at all to maintain my presence here! Now 25 posts to give thanks! Think I'll grab my quad-cane and take a walk!!

If we thin and scrawny freshmen (don't I wish!) WERE speaking up, would you wizened heads have to turn up the hearing aids to hear us? And to think that I didn't even read enough instructions to know that I had to post at all to maintain my presence here! Now 25 posts to give thanks! Think I'll grab my quad-cane and take a walk!!

HEH! WHAT'S THAT YOU SAY THERE?? DON'T BE SHY, SPEAK UP SONNY!

Ganot01.jpg

When I was a real freshman (OK, make that "the last time I was a freshman"), I actually had to wear a beanie. I'm glad we don't have that in this institution of higher learning and eloquence.

When I was a real freshman (OK, make that "the last time I was a freshman"), I actually had to wear a beanie. I'm glad we don't have that in this institution of higher learning and eloquence.

Did it have a propeller on top?

Y'all don't want to know what we were made to do as freshman pledges. . .

I'm sure we could arrange for a beanie. It would only take a few quick code modifications...

Yes, but happy peasants! We thresh the grain with a smile, dance the safety dance (and with our beanies we're men (and women) WITH hats!), and tug our greasy forelocks when the old 'uns pass by! And at least we don't have to spend our hard-earned centavos on bran muffins and Geritol!

I don't have anything really important to say. I just want another post -- gotta advance somehow.

That's the spirit!

...the one that gets threads like this one closed down in a hurry.

Unless the mods are having a good day, in which case they just move it to the Entertainment forum and ignore it for a few days before locking it. :)

I don't have anything really important to say. I just want another post -- gotta advance somehow.

That's the spirit!

...the one that gets threads like this one closed down in a hurry.

Unless the mods are having a good day, in which case they just move it to the Entertainment forum and ignore it for a few days before locking it. :)

Ah yes... the old "best thread ever." Tear! I miss it. :D

Don't close yet!

Well then, in all seriousness (though I suspect Puritans really did have senses of humor, despite their bad rep), as a "freshman" I was happy to read posts and learn from them, until I received the "you're about to be removed from the forum roles" type of note, at which point I dived in to get some "posts" under my belt. Rules are rules, I understand; and forum member lists no doubt get long (I belong to this and a motorcycle forum only--sorry young folks!); but in defense of the about-to-be-removed unwashed masses, it can be a bit time consuming even to find if someone has responded to a post of mine, or to read a longer thread to find out where I can comment. I don't even check my "facebook" every WEEK, to say nothing of trying to find time to thread-in. Any grizzled advice for those of us who want to stay "active" but have enough trouble marshaling our time as it is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back