Partaking of Lord's Supper with unbelievers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt, I am encouraged by your concern for this man. I pray that he will grow in his faith & that you may have the blessing of seeing it.

I did not partake because I had a conviction that there were unsaved among who partook unknowingly.

Matthew,

I commend you for your concern for the man in question. I'm sure you are a blessing (albeit also a good thorn) for him. I also commend you for your concern about everything being done in proper order in the Lord's Supper. In my response to you I was not addressing your concern about being your brother's keeper, nor was I questioning your concern about fencing the table. My concern was a pastoral concern about why you refused to partake. I have heard over the years, "Pastor, I'm not taking the Lord's Supper today because I'm a sinner." I've also heard (once or twice) "I'm taking the Lord's Supper because I haven't sinned this week." But, I've never heard "Pastor, I'm not taking the Lord's Supper this week, because the guy sitting next to me is a sinner." That's a new one to me, and it concerns me because I hear in it a possible echo of Luke 18:9-14.

In Christian Love,
Lance

Lance, in a way the feedback on this board to my thoughts are positively overwhelming - many here are Reverends and Pastors and Elders, and their knowledge is far above mine; their words are priceless and perspectives to be respected. I don't want to be a nag at church and cause grief to those above me and neither do I want to do that here! Its a great thing to talk about our Lord and all this stuff and I'm grateful to have the feedback here. So thank you!!! :)

Thanks for mentioned the parable in Luke, it is something to add to my thoughts.

Matt, I am encouraged by your concern for this man. I pray that he will grow in his faith & that you may have the blessing of seeing it.

Thank you for your prayer, Kevin - we both thank you. :) And I apologize if my words at face value seem to elevate my concerns over yours, I only mean to state the circumstances more accurately so its clear that I am somewhat accountable for this man's soul.

You have been honest and your thoughts and concerns are very helpful, thank you Kevin. :):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back