Pacing while reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiu

Puritan Board Junior
Do others here pace while they read? I usually sit while reading, but oftentimes after sitting for a longer stretch I begin to pace. With the weather warming up here in Southern California, I'm putting in quite a number of steps while reading in the backyard!

I prefer homemade salsa, personally. Pace has too much sugar.

Recipe please! I have onions, tomatoes and peppers in the ground as we speak and looking forward to quite a substantial yield this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I pace while I read when I need to remember things. I did this to memorize the Shorter Catechism. Gets the blood flowing to the brain.

Depends. If you are "in the Spirit" and can't stop reading, then don't. I know there are seasons when I have more time than others. Use those seasons wisely.

I walk and read quite often, especially if I am reading a paperback. It's a little hard to walk and read Beeke/Jones's Puritan Theology volume. :D

I prefer homemade salsa, personally. Pace has too much sugar.
{Notice of thread derailment}

I too prefer homemade or fresh salsa when able, yet as I'm actually reading the label on a jar of Pace from the back of the fridge I don't see any added sugar or other suspect ingredients... hmmmm...

{End of this contribution to thread derailment}

I love to read and walk. Do it often.

If I'm editing something I've written, walking while reviewing it works better than sitting. If the rhythm of steps and cadence of phrasing get dissonant, I can tell it is a passage that needs work.

Like Calvin (see proof below), pacing is a necessary part of sermon preparation.

johncalvinstudy1.jpg

url

I feel like it would be a disastrous endeavor for me to walk while reading and at the same time having walls in my home or fences in my yard.

If we are talking about walking instead of merely "pacing" while reading, I suppose I do most of my reading while walking since I listen to audiobooks and studies seem to show that listening to an audiobook is basically the same as reading a book.

My husband and I read aloud through different books on Lord's Days and he often paces while it's my turn reading. He is a good auditory learner, but also it helps to keep his mind attentive and refreshed. I will sometimes see him pace while reading on his own as well, or in the least standing.

I pace when I'm learning something, like when I've prepped a lesson and am trying to memorize the main points. I find pacing helps a lot. But I don't pace when reading. I think I would walk into things if I did that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back