Owens Hebrews commentary on kindle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

housta

Puritan Board Freshman
Does anyone know if there is a kindle version of Owen's Hebrews commentary? Or an epub? I couldn't find one on Amazon and converting online pdfs to kindle didn't work too well.

You could try this one, but chances are it is just a scan and therefore no better than a pdf conversion.

Always check out archive.org when looking for such things.

In addition to PDFs, they routinely have a number of other formats available.

If you can find an Ages Software disk of his complete works, the pdfs of those convert to Kindle pretty well; except for the Greek or Hebrew, which I find annoying.

I have an Ages disk I got back in 2001 for something like $9.00 and have happily put the entire pdf set on my Kindle (large format dx), but I've also converted various volumes on Hebrews to Kindle so I can highlight text.

Ages seems to be gone, but I occasionally see the disks sold through other dealers or on ebay.

But, sadly, they are under copyright, or I'd just put the whole works on a hosted site for download.

I have an Ages disk I got back in 2001 for something like $9.00 and have happily put the entire pdf set on my Kindle (large format dx),

Vic, I think you are the only one out there with a DX and it looks like Amazon is going to stop making them altogether. For the rest of us with the standard size kindle, pdf conversions are so unwieldy they are not worth the trouble of downloading them (in my opinion).

Kindle DX no longer available from Amazon, potentially discontinued

Vic, I think you are the only one out there with a DX and it looks like Amazon is going to stop making them altogether. For the rest of us with the standard size kindle, pdf conversions are so unwieldy they are not worth the trouble of downloading them (in my opinion).

Kindle DX no longer available from Amazon, potentially discontinued

I thought Fred had one. At least that was the excuse I allowed myself when I found mine on sale.

It's too bad they aren't supporting it. A DX with the third generation software upgrade would be nearly perfect, but it never happened.

People can still buy large format readers from Europe: PocketBook Pro 902 - PocketBook

When looking for old books:

1. Google books (I find more old books here than anywhere else in general. It has pdf and upub. Make sure you narrow search to "free google books")
2. Internet archive (Second place I look. Make sure you narrow your search in the "Media types" options to "text".)
3. Puritan Library is now on my list!
4. Just a generic google search may help find old, obscure books from an obscure website.

As a converted kindle book, it'll be very hard to acquire. It has many portions of untranslated Latin, Greek and Hebrew - which means it'd be a major undertaking to format.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back