Out-of-wedlock births are a national catastrophe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChristianTrader

Puritan Board Graduate
We still think of the archetypal unwed mother as a Jamie Lynn Spears—a dopey teenager who dropped her panties and got in over her head. A generation and more ago, that's who most unwed mothers were. But according to the most recent statistics from the Centers for Disease Control, teenagers account for only 23 percent of current out-of-wedlock births. That means the vast majority of unwed mothers are old enough to know what they're doing: Unwed births are surging among women ages 25 to 29.

Forget Juno. Out-of-wedlock births are a national catastrophe. - By Emily Yoffe - Slate Magazine

Sadly, I don't think we've seen anything yet.

Look for the incidents of unwed mothers to surge in the 12-16 age bracket. If that type of thing is reported.

This is a true national tragedy. Really Sad situation. My Sister-in-Law has 3 children out of wedlock and it is giant catastrophe for my wife's family. My Mother-in-law forced the Doctor to make sure she could not have any more children.

My wife's sister recently concieved out of wedlock, disturbing thing is she was trying to get pregnant. She claims to be a christian though the last church she regularly attended was Kenneth Haggin's Rhema as seen on TBN. Anyways she claims christianity and not only seen nothing sinful about premaritial sex but seen nothing sinful about bringing a child into this world outside the Marriage covenant.

My wife confronted her about this to which she replied "Come on... its 2008!"

Thankfully she did get married to father last month, while 4mo. pregnant.

Yes, all these out-of-wedlock births are a tragedy. But at least they're being born - not aborted. I can at least give these women credit for not aborting their unborn children.

I would hate to do the math on the sum total percentage of out-of-wedlock births and abortion in the West. Shame.

My teenage daughters and I have talked about this, as many of their classmates have made comments of wanting a child before the age of 16...when asked why? the answer is always the same..."They want someone who will love them unconditionally" and they believe having a baby will fill that void..

Those girls need Christ. A baby will not love them unconditionally. A baby will love them so long as they give the baby what it wants. They will give in, because they want that affirmation, and they will therefore raise ungrateful brats, devils in Osh-kosh, and a plague upon this Earth that I will have to protect my children from.

Something scary I've noticed is this type of thing infects families. There are families in our community where all of the daughters have kids out of wedlock in their early teens, their mothers raise their grand-daughters as their daughters, and then those girls repeat the exact same conduct.

Eerily remniscient of the visitation of sin upon the 3rd and 4th generation, not just for them, but for us as well.

Those girls need Christ. A baby will not love them unconditionally. A baby will love them so long as they give the baby what it wants. They will give in, because they want that affirmation, and they will therefore raise ungrateful brats, devils in Osh-kosh, and a plague upon this Earth that I will have to protect my children from.

Andrew, I agree 100%, both of my daughters share Christ with their friends, and have tried to encourage these young girls to babysit or get a part-time job working in a daycare with children, so that they can learn first hand just how difficult having a child would be, as babysitting though not a full-time parenting experience, does give one some understanding of how selfish infants and young children can be.

And it's not just the girls who need Christ, but the boys who are having sex with them.

Bless your daughters then, for they protect my children from the hell-spawn of ungrateful, undisciplined masses. :D

Boys are, well, no amount of witnessing will help. The lost teen-aged boy is proof that salvation is by grace alone.

I think he was speaking about my M-i-L making the doctor fix my sister-in-law not beign legal.

Ooooooh.

:oops:And I'm sorry about the typo above. Putting a question mark at the end of the wrong sentence made me sound like I was being short with people, and I didn't mean to sound like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back