Original Language tools for those with little knowledge of the original languages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen L Smith

Administrator
Staff member
Hello. I was wondering if people could recommend Original Language tools for those with little knowledge of the original languages. In this regard, I wondered if the following work is better than Vines?

Expository Dictionary of Bible Words: Word Studies for Key English Bible Words Based on the Hebrew And Greek Texts [Hardcover]
Stephen D. Renn (Editor)

I am fond of Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament By Warren Baker and Eugene Carpenter and Complete Word Study Dictionary: New Testament
By Spiros Zodhiates
for those without deep Hebrew/Greek facility. It is also available in software versions for several platforms.

Also buy DA Carson's book ''Exegetical Fallicies''. Read the section on ''word study falacies''. Very useful.

You could also enroll yourself in an online course:

MEMRA Institute

Cost: $250 with 50% discount if you register before June 2012. Does not include the price of the textbooks.

MEMRA Registration

See also the instructor's web site:

The Naked Bible

AMR

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Full disclosure: I am a contributor (but I get no royalties )
Brother, I wish you would weigh in, where warranted, on some of the negative reviews at Amazon.

AMR

My advice is either to learn the original languages or run far away from them. Dabbling will only make you skilled at getting whatever you want out of a text.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back