One of the best books ever written on the Providence of God by Matthew Mead

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Matthew McMahon

Christian Preacher
The Vision of the Wheels: A Treatise on the Providence of God – by Matthew Mead (1630-1699)
Matthew Mead (Meade) (1630-1699) was an independent puritan divine, and popular reformed preacher and morning lecturer at Stepney Church (London).

There is no doubt that this is one of the best treatments of Ezekiel's wheels in print. It is a masterful work, and convicting, on God's providence.

Mead demonstrates through Ezekiel’s vision of the wheels that God is the great Creator of all things and upholds, directs, disposes and governs all creatures and actions, from the greatest even to the least. God does this by his most wise, holy and infallible knowledge and the free and immutable counsel of his own will. Mead uses as his main text of Scripture, “As for the wheels, it was cried to them in my hearing, “O Wheel!” (Ezekiel 10:13). He not only expounds on how God’s providence works generally, but how Christians should respond to God’s providence knowing that God is ultimately in control of everything, crowned by the redemption of the church through Jesus Christ. Those who have had a difficult time understanding Ezekiel’s vision of the wheels will find this exposition refreshing, insightful and practical for their spiritual growth.

This is not a scan or facsimile, and has been updated in modern English for easy reading. It also has an active table of contents for electronic versions in mobi and ePub.

Puritan Shop eBooks
The Vision of the Wheels: A Treatise on the Providence of God - by Matthew Mead (1630-1699) | The Puritan Shop

Kindle Version
The Vision of the Wheels: A Treatise on the Providence of God: Matthew Mead: Amazon.com: Kindle Store

Paperback Version
The Vision of the Wheels: A Treatise on the Providence of God by Matthew Mead (Paperback)

VisionWheelsCOVER PS.jpg

I will have to look at buying this book. I have been wanting to read about the (ofanim) wheel angels?

My wife sometimes has random outbursts of theological reflection. We'll be sitting in the living room, reading, or watching the news, etc. She'll come out with something she has been thinking about or that has profoundly affected her.

Yesterday she did that, and she did it again today. Both times were a week after having read this work by Matthew Mead, and she commented on its helpfulness and depth. She said she thought it was one of the best works she'd ever read. Just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back