On racial expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kerry,

I just looked through the portion of your post directed towards me, and I couldn't more strongly disagree with your characterization of my post. You said:

Therin lies the major mistake you personally have made in your responses. You have, in effect, said "Well, the laws aren't like that anymore, so you shouldn't feel like that...other people have suffered, so you have no reason to complain anymore. So get over it."

Again, with all due respect, this is one of the most ungracious and downright damaging things you could say to someone. Would you say that to a Christian Jew regarding the holocaust ? You don't have the right to tell people how to feel about something that is a part of their collective past.

I've said nothing of the sort. Typing "in effect" allowed you to avoid verbatim quotations, and upload a whole set of assumptions and claims that I never made. Agree with me or not, my irritation has been directed against very specific things, namely, things surrounding the Double-Standard in American race relations.

Those two or three paragraphs are laughable, in my opinion, and I don't regret a single thing I've said in that vein, though I regret the rhetoric with which I may have said it.

I have to go to work soon but I'll respond in a more detailed fashion when I have the time.

Man, you guys are making moving to the Philippines more and more attractive. Got room for a family of 6, Albert?

I hate to be another 'foreign experience' name dropper, or whatever you'd call it, but if there is one benefit that moving so much gave me, its that for a long time I was the minority, and we really didn't give a rat's a** about somebody's color, if they could speak American english and had news from home, they were OK by us. The advantage of the PI is that most everybody spoke english, so even that need faded.

I take no 'collectivist' (to rip off Josh H) pleasure OR displeasure in my race, my 'ethnicity', my nationality, my sex, my right-handedness, my 'outsy' belly-button (used to be insy - what's up with that?), or any other silly thing that is not relavent to my being in Christ and He in me. It's all dung.

And I DON"T CARE if it bothers anybody, doesn't bother anybody, makes anyone want to take advantage of me, makes anyone think I want to take advantage of them, makes anybody think I'm insensitive, makes anybody think I'm too sensitive, or strong, or weak, et. al., ad nauseum. It's all the world, it's all distraction.

I am going to do my best to agree with Paul in saying I am determined to know nothing among you save Christ Jesus, and Him crucified. Anything else is not worth warm spit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back