Office Hours: "The Man of Sin" by Dr. Kim Riddlebarger

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Clark

Puritan Board Senior
Office Hours talks to Rev. Dr. Kim Riddlebarger, visiting Professor of
Systematic Theology at Westminster Seminary California, about his book
The Man of Sin: Uncovering the Truth About the Antichrist. Dr.
Riddlebarger is co-host of The White Horse Inn and Senior Pastor of
Christ Reformed Church in Anaheim, California. Also order Dr.
Riddlebarger's related book, A Case for Amillennialism.

To listen to this latest episode, visit:
Westminster Seminary California - Resources - The Man of Sin by Dr. Kim Riddlebarger:: Westminster Seminary California

Subscribe to Office Hours in iTunes. Search "Office Hours."

Listen to all the episodes at:
http://wscal.edu/resource-center/office-hours

Contact Office Hours:
Call Office Hours at 760 480 8477. Leave a message and we may use it
in future broadcast.
Email us at [email protected]
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook
If you're encouraged by Office Hours please leave a rating on iTunes
so others can find it. Also please encourage your pastors, elders,
friends, and family to listen to Office Hours.

Thanks for listening!

Jac Stofberg (Candidate, M.Div)
Attending Escondido OPC
Assistant to the Director: New Media Initiative
Westminster Seminary California

Sounds like Riddlebarger is more "optimistic" than some amils if he believes in a conversion of the Jews.

I listened to this broadcast tonight and I think it is very good....thanks for sharing

Should have been a three hour interview... Can't overload enough on amil considering all the premil stuff out there.

Sounds like Riddlebarger is more "optimistic" than some amils if he believes in a conversion of the Jews.

Maurice Roberts is too, and some dutch amil also read Romans 11 with an expectation to a greater or even massive conversion of jews.

I still find Palmer Robertson's exegesis of Romans 11 the most convincing, altough Kim Riddlebarger is such an important writer on Eschatology that I must hear

what Riddlebarger says on that matter.

Should have been a three hour interview... Can't overload enough on amil considering all the premil stuff out there.

Absolutely. In Portugal there is only 1 Reformed Church in the whole country.

so 95% of evangelicalism is hostage to the Lefth Behind scene, sad indeed.

I was there, saw the stuff, bought the T-shirt. So I keep thanking God how He illuminated me out it.

I still find Palmer Robertson's exegesis of Romans 11 the most convincing, altough Kim Riddlebarger is such an important writer on Eschatology that I must hear

I didn't find Palmer Robertson's exposition of Romans 11 convincing and here's why:

http://www.puritanboard.com/f45/o-palmer-robertson-romans-11-a-51401/

Riddlebarger seems to be getting people like Hitler, etc, mixed up with the Antichrist.

Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot, etc, are more manifestations of the Beast from the Sea (the First Beast), which was embodied in the first century by Nero and the Roman Empire but spans the ages in various forms. The crowns are on the Beast's ten horns, indicating that it will have a role to play once the Roman Empire has developed into the various kingdoms and empires of Western Christian Civilisation.

And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; and his deadly wound was healed: and all the world wondered after the beast. (Rev 13:3)

This points to the time when it seemed that Christianity may have finally triumphed in the Christianisation of the Roman Empire under Constantine. But it was a false dawn.

Antichrist and antichrists are better exemplified by the Beast from the Earth (False Prophet), which leads the Church astray and encourages it to worldliness and compromise. Antichrists are individuals and movements purportedly Christian, but which put an idol in the place of Christ. E.g. Christian Gnosticism, the Papacy, Liberal Christianity, the Watchtower Society, etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back