Office Hours: Ask The Profs

Status
Not open for further replies.

R. Scott Clark

Puritan Board Senior
Our faculty takes your calls for this special episode of Office Hours called "Ask The Profs." They answer some of the questions that our listeners submitted about the state of the church, the distinction between Law and Gospel, how to deal with church members who reject the doctrine of predestination, the two kingdoms distinction, and the phrase "the means of grace."

To listen to this latest episode, visit:
Westminster Seminary California - Resources - Ask The Profs by Faculty Panel:: Westminster Seminary California

Subscribe to Office Hours in iTunes. Search "Office Hours."

Listen to all the episodes at:
http://wscal.edu/officehours

Contact Office Hours:
* Call Office Hours at 760 480 8477. Leave a message and we may use it in future broadcast.
* Email us at [email protected]
* Follow us on Twitter and Facebook

If you're encouraged by Office Hours please leave a rating on iTunes so others can find it. Also please encourage your pastors, elders, friends, and family to listen to Office Hours.

Thanks for listening!

For those of you interested in the "two kingdoms" discussion, you can hear Van Drunen attempt to answer the charge of latent antinominism beginning at the 18:47 minute mark.

That guy who asks the first question asked a fantastic question. :lol:

ROFLMAO.gif

You are so funny.

Great Question!

For those of you interested in the "two kingdoms" discussion, you can hear Van Drunen attempt to answer the charge of latent antinominism beginning at the 18:47 minute mark.

Nagging questions remain; 1) when a Christian is operating in the "non-ecclesiastical sphere" are they permitted or forbidden from referencing the explicit Law of God as contained in special revelation? 2) How does the natural/moral law norm the duties of the magistrate wrt the “first tablet”?

Nagging questions remain; 1) when a Christian is operating in the "non-ecclesiastical sphere" are they permitted or forbidden from referencing the explicit Law of God as contained in special revelation? 2) How does the natural/moral law norm the duties of the magistrate wrt the “first tablet”?

As in most programming that can pick and choose their questions to answer I think this question was a soft ball question to answer. I really believe that Dr. Kloosterman from Mid America Reformed Seminary has brought a lot of good information and critique concerning Dr. Van Drunnen's book on the topic. It has been added to also since we last posted on this. It is up to part 10 now.

Natural Law and the Two Kingdoms: A Review

As in most programming that can pick and choose their questions to answer I think this question was a soft ball question to answer. I really believe that Dr. Kloosterman from Mid America Reformed Seminary has brought a lot of good information and critique concerning Dr. Van Drunnen's book on the topic. It has been added to also since we last posted on this. It is up to part 10 now.

Quite true. Once you get past the glossy façade of Escondido 2K there are nagging issues that have not been addressed. Or perhaps not consistently addressed.

Quite true. Once you get past the glossy façade of Escondido 2K there are nagging issues that have not been addressed. Or perhaps not consistently addressed.

Why don't you guys start a thread to work this out? I have a great respect for Dr. Kloosterman, he even made his PhD in the Theological School of our Churches - GKV, in Kampen, NL.

I still have to read his critique better, and I didn't bring VanDrunen's book with me to the US. But I would really like to hear from you guys on this topic.

I was still working on some answers concerning the other thread on the 2k and the 2 first commandments.

Btw, Tom, on the other thread I was not in the least suggesting the Theonomic movement didn't stand for a separation between Church and State, of course it does.

I said it may blur a distinction between the specificity of each sphere of authority.

I don't want to elaborate here and highjack the thread, but you may read on this here:

Should the State Imitate the Church? « Heidelblog

Old Life Theological Society » theonomy

I think there are a lot of misunderstandings on this topic.

The famous Calvin's saying on cheese and chalk, may well be rephrased, in this respect - VanDrunnen vs Kloosterman, for the smaller or greater difference between a Camembert and a Roquefort.

I don't want to elaborate here and highjack the thread, but you may read on this here:

Should the State Imitate the Church? « Heidelblog

Cesar, you might note that the above link takes you to a notification page that the blog has been deleted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back