Of Scottish Ancestory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clan Grant here as well. My family has done a ton of genealogy but most of my ancestors came from England in the 1600s (not many after 1700). Many different denominations (some Presbyterians) and some with a few skeletons in their closet. Many known ancestors fought in the Revolutionary War and one signed the Liberty Point Resolve at his tavern in North Carolina!

Don't know much about Scottish ancestry, however, but am proud to be directly descended from French Huegenots (sp) who settled on the James River to flee persecution and whose descendant fought at the battle of Yorktown.

That's really cool! Two of my ancestors pastored at Manakintowne (on the James River, near Richmond). One (James Maury Fontaine, 1738 - 1795) was also a chaplain for the Americans in the First War of Independence.

Clan Forbes on my father's mother's side. My father's father was an Englishman of uncertain ancestry.

I'm more of a step-Scot, as my step-father is also descended from the Forbes clan. Most of his portion of the clan settled in Danville, VA when they got here.

Both he an I learned to play the bagpipes a few years ago. Love that haggis as well!

I am Scottish, even have the accent to prove it! I am from the West Highlands. My family on both sides have strong connections to the Isle of Skye, which is possibly the most beautiful place in the world.
For the past 3 1/2 years I have been living stateside and getting used to y'all's Southern ways.
Sadly I don't play the bagpipes and I have never tasted haggis- don't want to either!
Any of you ever been to Scotland? If so, where did you go and what were your impressions?

Scottish Heritage

Who here is of Scottish heritage and what Clan are you a member of? I am of Clan Grant.

crest-3d.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back