NY Times article on Tim Keller

Status
Not open for further replies.
{Moderator's note}
I don't know if putting the article up is OK or not. Certainly we did not credit it properly. So I am deleting. But see below for a non-sign-up link that I used, and successfully read both pages.

[Edited on 2-27-2006 by Contra_Mundum]

No, their point in registration is not to prevent ppl from reading, but rather in gathering information about ppl that DO read it.

I used this link:
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/26/n...en=4274ee1126d0d895&ei=5099&partner=TOPIXNEWS

Good lines from the article:
Dr. Keller shies away from the label evangelical, which is often used to describe theologically conservative Protestant Christians like him, because of the political and fundamentalist connotations that now come with it. He prefers the term orthodox instead, because he believes in the importance of personal conversion or being "born again," and the full authority of the Bible.
"If you seek power before service, you'll neither get power, nor serve," he said. "If you seek to serve people more than to gain power, you will not only serve people, you will gain influence. That's very much the way Jesus did it."
Final two paragraphs of the article:
Dr. Keller closed his monologue with a moving riff on Jesus' love in spite of humanity's flaws, and a quote from C. S. Lewis, one of his favorite writers: "The hardness of God is kinder than the softness of men, and his compulsion is our liberation."

And then he prayed for his congregation and his city.

Originally posted by LadyFlynt
No, their point in registration is not to prevent ppl from reading, but rather in gathering information about ppl that DO read it.

you can use bugmenot.com
if you can't or don't want to go through free but required registration on places like newspapers. essential for public access computers where you don't want to leave your passwords/logins.

Very interesting article on Pastor Tim Keller of Redeemer Presbyterian Church. The NY Times is a very liberal rag, and no friend to Christians, but I think they did a fair piece on Pastor Tim Keller. It is good to see Presbyterian Churches doing outreach in non-traditional, urban settings.

Originally posted by Presbyrino
Very interesting article on Pastor Tim Keller of Redeemer Presbyterian Church. The NY Times is a very liberal rag, and no friend to Christians, but I think they did a fair piece on Pastor Tim Keller. It is good to see Presbyterian Churches doing outreach in non-traditional, urban settings.

The PCA has been really focused on this in the past few years: establishing churches in urban centers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back