Number 16/Superwoman (mergethreads)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Arkansas Family Expecting 16th Child
Fri Jun 17, 2005 (AP)

TONTITOWN, Ark. - Arkansas' best-known big family will be getting bigger in the fall. Michelle Duggar and her husband, former state Rep. Jim Bob Duggar, say they're expecting their 16th child.

Michelle Duggar was honored in April 2004 with the state's Young Mother award. At the time, she was pregnant with young Duggar No. 15, a boy named Jackson born May 23, 2004.

The next child, a girl, is expected in October.

"We love children," Jim Bob Duggar says. "We consider each one a blessing from the Lord and we would both love to have some more."

Michelle adds, "They're a gift."

Baby girl Duggar will join her family in a new, 7,000-square-foot house that the Duggars have been building for the last two years. When it's complete, the home will have a commercial kitchen, 10 bathrooms, master and guest bedrooms, a laundry room with four washers and eight dryers, and two dormitory-style bedrooms "” one for the boys and one for the girls.

The Duggars say No. 16 might not be their last.

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by Contra_Mundum]

Big deal. We have a family in Stornoway, Lewis, Scotland, in the Free Presbyterian CHurch with 21. No kidding.:up::cool:

Jerrold

If they raising their children up in the Lord, it is a blessing to behold.

I have a friend with six kids and they are a blessing to be around, while another family of 13 I kniow, forget it! :)

:amen: That is wonderful!!! Praise the Lord!

And here I thought the family at my church with 10 kids was pretty cool . . .

I don't mind if God gives Amy and me 13 more kids . . . as long as He gives us a 7,000 sq. ft. house too!!! :lol:

Psalm 128:
[1] Blessed is every one who fears the LORD, who walks in his ways!
[2] You shall eat the fruit of the labor of your hands; you shall be happy, and it shall be well with you.
[3] Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house; your children will be like olive shoots around your table.
[4] Lo, thus shall the man be blessed who fears the LORD.

Actually I am amazed by the amount of attention this couple has gotten. I know several families as big (and not all were anabaptist...one is catholic and wrote a book locally). Still it's nice to hear they were blessed again.

Originally posted by biblelighthouse
I don't mind if God gives Amy and me 13 more kids . . . as long as He gives us a 7,000 sq. ft. house too!!! :lol:

Did you tell Amy? ;)

One of my bosses has 8 children so far and he is only 29.I doubt it has anything to do with praising the Lord.Hey,he is also from Arkansas.Coincidence?hmmmm.....

Originally posted by Average Joey
One of my bosses has 8 children so far and he is only 29.I doubt it has anything to do with praising the Lord.Hey,he is also from Arkansas.Coincidence?hmmmm.....

I used to live in Arkansas. There is not much else to do there...

;)

Big families simply amaze me but this one is INCREDIBLE. I was a "lonely only" so even the thought of a couple of siblings seems nice to me, but 16 total - 2 more and they can field two complete baseball teams!

[Edited on 10-14-2005 by BrianBowman]

Susannah Wesley had a lot of kids and I read that she made sure that she spent an hour each week with each of her children on their own. She prayed with them and spent time with them as individuals. That must be a great discipline to have in a big family like that. I'm not sure she might have had 17?
:um:
Readhead

that guy needs to learn to keep his hands off his wife :bigsmile: maybe she needs to wear a halloween custome after this child.

Originally posted by Slippery
that guy needs to learn to keep his hands off his wife :bigsmile: maybe she needs to wear a halloween custome after this child.

I found that a little more than a bit rude...kinda like the lady hubby and I have known since we were teenagers that threatens to castrate him everytime I show up expecting again.

From the Discovery Health Channel:

BABY WEEK is back on Discovery Health Channel. And who is more qualified to lead-in to a week of baby programming than the proud parents of 16 children!

Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar prepare viewers for a week of baby-themed programming with the premiere of ON THE ROAD WITH 16 CHILDREN, June 11 at 8 PM (ET/PT). In this sequel to 14 CHILDREN AND PREGNANT AGAIN!, the Duggars hit the road for a cross-country family adventure -- Duggar style. Viewers are invited along for the ride as the family of 18 explores the Grand Canyon, wrangles horses at a dude ranch and marvels at Disneyland's Magic Kingdom. From the detailed planning and packing to the astonished looks of strangers, the Duggars' road trip promises to be a wild ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back