Now it is official, I'm a "Church Planter"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

Puritan Board Doctor
Some of you know the story of how my wife & I started an outreach ministry about 2 years ago. For the past 4 years +/- I have been supply preaching on a regular (weekly) basis.

This past March I was called by the Presbytery of Eastern Canada to be a church planter & the group that we have formed ( called Moncton Community Fellowship, for now) was added as a "church plant" of our presbytery.

Then in April my wife & I attended a PCA Church Planter Call Assesment Centre in Toronto. We both "passed" with a "Recomended to Plant" designation.

So I am now a "full-time" church planter. I am begining the fundraising process now & I hope to be ready for ordination exams by this fall.

Please pray for us.

1) I have to raise a significant amount of money.
2) We have a number of ministry oppourtunities right now that will be in a holding patern for a few months, pray that we do not "go backwards"
3) Ordination exam!
4) current ministries, youth group, ESL bible studies, Sunday Night "fellowship", Small groups need to keep functioning even while I am focused on fundraising & ordination.
5) BIG transition for my family.

I am overwhelmed at the providence of God in bringing us this far, thanks for your prayers

Congratulations, Kevin!

It's a treasure that you have been given a covenant community to build. Let the presbyterian system help you build it (by de-centralizing and surfacing others quickly to help you, Deacons and Elders and those with those gifts, look for them, and build them, let the people see this and it will not feel as much like the weight of the world is on your shoulders, or that it is all up to you.)

Please keep us updated as to how we might pray for your needs.

Praise God! It is always good to hear of more churches being planted. Will be praying for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back