Now available: Collected Sermons of Durham

Status
Not open for further replies.

NaphtaliPress

Administrator
Staff member
https://www.facebook.com/joelbeeke/...080571130586/1628031370602160/?type=3&theater
"This is an exciting day for Reformation Heritage Books and Naphtali Press—James Durham’s sermons have finally arrived after years of work! James Durham (1622–1658), pastor of Glasgow’s “Inner Kirk” and one of Scotland’s brightest lights who died at age 35, left behind a treasure trove of solid and savory sermons that are masterpieces of Reformed, experiential truth. Spurgeon said of his sermons, “If I had lived in Durham’s time, I should never, I think, have wanted to hear any other preacher; I would have sat, both by night and day, to receive the sweet droppings of his honeyed lips.” You can do that now! Finally, all of Durhams’s 133 extant sermons have been brought together in two massive volumes, in a beautiful, critically edited, newly typeset edition, with an excellent introduction by Chris Coldwell. The first volume contains his fourteen moving sermons on the unsearchable riches of Christ delivered as Communion sermons, several sermons on the blessedness of dying in the Lord, and scores of additional sermons, many of which have been almost impossible to obtain even on the antiquarian book market. These sermons address themes such as covenanting with God, adhering to Christ by faith, remission of sins through Christ’s blood, and sweet communion with Christ in heaven. Volume 2 consists of Durham’s well-known but out-of-print sermons on Isaiah 53—seventy-two sermons in all on Christ’s sufferings for His people which together form a classic comparable to Friedrich Krummacher’s “The Suffering Savior.” The sixty-ninth sermon on making use of Christ’s intercession is a masterpiece that is alone worth the price of both volumes." Joel Beeke.
http://www.heritagebooks.org/products/collected-sermons-of-james-durham-2-volume-set.html

Chris,
I believe I have asked you this in the passed but is there any hope of an electronic version?

I did discuss this with RHB and given some complications we punted to wait and see how the print volumes do. I wouldn't rule it out but it is not for sure either.

I ordered my 2-volume copy today, and I am looking forward to reading this. Fantastic stuff, Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back