November 11, day of prayer for the persecuted church

Status
Not open for further replies.

a mere housewife

Not your cup of tea
Several newsletters I receive for the persecuted church have said that when asked what can be done for them, persecuted Christians ask most of all for prayer; and so there is to be an international day of prayer for the persecuted church on November 11.

(Edit: Barnabas Aid is saying the 1st, but they seem to be the odd one out as per the posts below.)

Last edited:
I thought it was Sunday November 11? I got a letter from VOM indicating that they were asking for churches to pray on that day.

Well that explains my own confusion -- I originally thought it was the 11, but when I looked it up Barnabas Aid says Nov 1. & now I am not sure which it is!

Looks like Barnabas Aid (and others perhaps) is talking about a separate event.... yeah, it seems to be a Barnabas Fund sponsored thing, whereas the Sunday, Nov. 11 thing is associated with International Christian Concern.

PS. I think Barnabas must be the anomaly, and have changed the date in the post. Thanks :).

(Looking around a bit more, it seems that this day of prayer is generally in November -- but that churches participate on different days, with an effort at some dates having more united/universal participation.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back