Northern Evangelical Seminary

Status
Not open for further replies.

President@NES

Puritan Board Freshman
Hey everyone,

My name is Trevor, and I am the President of Northern Evangelical Seminary. We aim to provide a world class, Biblical, and tuition free seminary education to called and capable students.

I am here to answer any questions you may have about our seminary. You can also visit our website at www.northernseminary.net or email me at [email protected].

While no affiliated with any reformed denomination, our statement of faith is theologically reformed.

In Christ,

Trevor Pollo
President, NES

What are your academic credentials and specific experience in ministry?

Per the website, he attended SBTS. Didn't see anything about a degree. Of course, I attended Westminster Theological Seminary.

"Trevor Pollo is the founder and President of NES. He is the author of The Deity Debate, and a ministry leader in Jackson, MI. He is responsible for administration of this institution, and is accountable to the Oversight CIommittee, which is made up of experienced pastors and theologians.

Trevor felt the need to establish a seminary after he experienced the burden of debt that most seminaries require students to put on while attending The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Trevor established NES in hopes that students around the world will be able to attend seminary with minimal expenses so they will be able to maximize their impact upon graduation with no debt."

And yes, it really does say 'CIommittee'.

I'm confused by the confessional adherence of the institution. You say on your profile that you adhere to the Westminster Standards, but the confessional standards of the seminary seem to be incompatible with them (denying infant baptism and other language about the sacraments for starters). Since there is no denominational oversight and you're the president, how did the doctrinal statement come about?

I'm confused by the confessional adherence of the institution. You say on your profile that you adhere to the Westminster Standards, but the confessional standards of the seminary seem to be incompatible with them (denying infant baptism and other language about the sacraments for starters). Since there is no denominational oversight and you're the president, how did the doctrinal statement come about?

Hi Jake, great questions. Our Statement of Faith was adapted and approved based on the SBC. It is thoroughly reformed in its soteriology, with some non-essential differences in sacraments.

Great questions, guys.

In my role as President, I am an administrator, not an instructor. I can understand how this can be confusing because some presidents of small seminaries are more on the instructional side of the institution. All of our course materials, lectures, and texts are from other theologians (all who are currently or previously were professors at accredited institutions). Some of them include R.C. Sproul, Bruce Ware, Paul House, etc. All of our curriculum is provided by these qualified theologians and professors, and my role is merely to review admissions, seminary mission, goals, and vision, and ensure the seminary functions in an efficient, Biblical manner.

As far as the typo that was pointed out - thank you for bringing that to my attention. It was overlooked and has been corrected by our editor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back