North and South (BBC, 2004)

Status
Not open for further replies.

FenderPriest

Puritan Board Junior
north_and_south.jpg

Hey folks, just wanted to pass on this movie, North and South, that my wife and I watched last week. What a great film! The premise of the movie is a family suddenly moves from southern England to northern England (not a movie about the American Civil War), where the daughter, Ms. Margaret Hale, works through the difficult transition, culture, and family issues that come there way. It's a great plot, and while being a romantic story line, it also successful pulls in sticky business issues (Union demands verses Management's ability), and difficult family situations. I found it very enjoyable, and my wife loved it. I felt that Biblical pictures of femininity, worth ethic, peace making, and friendship were clearly displayed in ways that would produce good conversations for families. Potentially some men grown at watching movies that their wives really like, but this one was one for the list of movies that would really bless your wife to watch (if she's anything like my wife in movie taste). All I can say in the end is that I highly recommend it as a worth-while watch should you desire to spend time watching a movie. Good acting, good plot, good characters, good, healthy message.

PS - this movie is available through Netflix, which is how we watched it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back