Normally I despise annual celebrations

Status
Not open for further replies.

earl40

Puritan Board Professor
Tina pulled a groin muscle about a week ago (ouch) and having done this a few times myself I told her it takes a while, sometimes a week or two, to be able to walk without the searing pain that comes with such an injury. So after just a few days she has a good amount of improvement, and we are pleasantly pleased she is felling better so quickly. Well two days ago she says that she can barely walk, in that the pain has transferred to a more medial aspect of her groin. I shall not go further in describing the location other than to say "oh my my". So today being Saturday April 1st I think I am on to her in that with her "expanded injury" she asks if I will do the grocery shopping for the family. Also she mentioned before that if I would be willing to shop with her while she drove the electric wheelchair, but she relented in that she thinks she can not even walk from the parking lot to the shopping center. BTW I HATE SHOPPING, if you have not caught on to me yet as to why this is a "good" Fools joke.

So anyhow I am typing right this minute as she writes the grocery list, and I am acting as if I do not know what she is doing, so far as potentially playing a joke on me, and am being as patient as I can be playing the good husband. BTW we are having a few minor squabbles while she does this in that I am not really listening to her as attentively as I should while she gives me instructions on the list.

Report to follow as the Fools day progresses. (I think I sort of got her while she gets me)

I am now back from Purgatoryix or Publix where "shopping is a pleasure" for some people. For those who do not know what Publix is, it is a nice nice grocery shopping center for those who would not step in to a Dollar General store like myself. This particular store was completely redone about 4-5 years ago with all the accouterments persons of status enjoy, which includes prices to reflect such taste. Personally this was only about the 5th or 6th time I have visited it, as compared to Tina who has been there no less than 200 times the past few years...did I say I HATE SHOPPING? Well all went well in spite of that I had to visit the soup, rice, couscous, ethnic isle 3 different times and the deli twice because I had to buy prepackaged peeled boiled eggs there. Of course the deli department is at the beginning of the "dreaded shopping experience" and the milk is at the other end of the freaking market. I had two men who were kind enough to help me as I walked around with a yellow legal pad with the shopping list. One fellow helped me three times the other only once and he gave me a tasty fish rice treat. (in my opinion they should give out free alcohol) So after about an hour I find all the things on the list and an item or two or three I want and proceed to the checkout. I unload the stuff on the belt and smash a finger on the baby seat contraption as I was closing it. The cashier and baggier say "OUCH" and I replied "I hope I don't loose a fingernail". I return home and Tina allows me to unload and put away the groceries. I was waiting for her to say "April Fools" but I have a feeling she is going to wait to milk the entire day for all it is worth.

I hope I am correct and look forward to saying I knew it all along she was joking.

Mercifully she let the cat out of the bag. After the shopping we were invited to go see a condo our neighbor bought which is near our house. Well of course Tina is walking normally which I did notice, and I played along to make her feel as superior as we knows she is. We get to the condo and start walking around. Then I throw out the bait to see if this was all a April 1st thing. I say that I see she is not limping to which she says "April Fools". I of course tell her I was on to her and she said "At least I still got my shopping done" which was not a "pleasure for me".

Last edited:
Earl, I wait a whole year every year just to see the next episode. I hope the nail stays on, at least.
Me too. I was wondering how you fared today. My 11 year old daughter got me a few times today. She put paper under my mouse that made it non-functional until I turned it over to read "April Fools".

I was later in the kitchen about to rinse a dish and the sprayer thing shot water right at my shirt (she put a rubber band on it). I initially yelled: "That's not funny" but then said "...that was a good one."

She's a novice compared to your wife. I think the funniest one was when you left home at 2 am one day and showed up to work in the middle of the night.

April fool's jokes can be fun. Last year on April 1, I sent out an email to the church letting them know that we were going ahead with the name change that had been approved at the last business meeting. Effective immediately, our new church name was the Church of Relevant Existence, or The Core for short. I had a few of them going for a minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back