Noob from Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmhainlen

Puritan Board Freshman
I am new here. Not sure if it was a day ago I signed up or today. Anyways, I am Ryan Hainlen. 17 Years old, reside in Fishers, IN. A friend showed me apuritansmind.com for a Bible reading plan and thus I found this forum. This fall I will be a junior at Heritage Christian School in Indianapolis. It was just last summer that I cam to the reformed viewpoint before that I was not really saved just going with the flow of the world. So the reformed faith is still quite new to me. But hopefully I can have edifying conversations on here. I love this website and forum.

jaybird0827

PuritanBoard Honor Roll
:welcome: to the board. Hope you find it edifying.

Is "noob" a synonym for "newbie"?
Also, are you anywhere near Columbus, IN?

Cheers,
Jay

puritan reformed

Puritan Board Freshman
Welcome to the board. I remember when I was an unsaved guy trying to make it through Bethesda Christian School. Heritage was our rival. It's good to see a fellow hoosier on here. Very few reformed people up there. Good to have you aboard. You'll meet alot of great people here and find alot of encouragement too.

~~Susita~~

Puritan Board Junior
Welcome to the board! I haven't been here too long and have already learned quite a lot - so I'm sure you'll love it here :)

rmhainlen

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by py3ak
Do you know Joanna Banister?
NO
No, I do not believe Fishers is close to Columbus.

I personally know of only two churches in the Indianapolis area that hold to the reformed doctrine. I go to one of them and the other is pastored by a former teacher at heritage.

py3ak

They're stalling and plotting against me
Staff member
Ryan, there is the Free Presbyterian Church of Indianapolis, and there is 2nd Reformed as well. There's a Reformed Baptist church as well. I am fairly sure there are 2 or 3 others. And the PCA has at least one outpost there.

rmhainlen

Puritan Board Freshman
Originally posted by py3ak
Ryan, there is the Free Presbyterian Church of Indianapolis, and there is 2nd Reformed as well. There's a Reformed Baptist church as well. I am fairly sure there are 2 or 3 others. And the PCA has at least one outpost there.
Thanks, I guess I learn new things everyday. My parents love the church we started attending, so I think we will be there for a while.

puritan reformed

Puritan Board Freshman
My home church has a Brownsburg address but actually meets in Indianapolis at Covenant High School. There is about 3 other PCA Churches in Indy not counting the surrounding areas. There are a few Great Churches around downtown that are other Presbyterian denominations as well. Sounds like you know where you want to be but just in case you think about looking around i thought it might be helpful.

PuritanCovenanter

Staff member
Ryan,
Welcome to the board. There is also a good Presbyterian Church your family may like. Crossroads Community Church. www.crossroadspca.org
They have one awesome youth group.
I live in Speedway. Give me a yell if you want or need anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.