Nicole Kidman Studies the OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirginiaHuguenot

Puritanboard Librarian
Kidman Brushes Up on Her Bible
Source: MSN.com April 2005

For every big name Ivy League grad such as Natalie Portman and Jodie Foster, there are a dozen Britney Spears, whose idea of book learnin' is devouring the Star and toting around (but rarely cracking open) a dense Kabbalah tome. But there's one celebrity who's determined to make up for the deficiencies in her schooling.

"I've just always been interested in studying and educating myself," Nicole Kidman tells the New York Daily News. To that end, the "Interpreter" star, who dropped out of school at 16 to pursue her thespian dreams, has taken time from her busy schedule of being an international superstar to study the Old Testament with a religion professor from Pepperdine University.

"She is very smart," Dr. Robert Cargill tells the paper of his student, "and it is an honor to work with her."

Nicole, who was raised a Catholic and never shared former hubby Tom Cruise's fervor for Scientology, is taking her Biblical erudition slowly, explaining to the News that advanced studies "would be well in the future, but I'd love to get my diploma."

The sylph-like Oscar winner, whose efforts to improve herself seem at odds with her recent taste in men (she continues to dodge questions about rumored beau Stephen Bing), recently told In Style UK that she's aiming to get a degree in philosophy and harbors dreams of going on an archeological dig.

"I love the Middle East -- I love the smells and the sensations," she enthuses to the magazine, adding that her Old Testament studies are linked "to the Middle East, to Israel and Palestine."

(Strain, grunting sounds, groans) I'm trying to care.... I'm tryyyyyyyy-ing, I'm..... (exhale)
Nope, can't do it, but I'll say a quick prayer for her anyway.

Originally posted by maxdetail
(Strain, grunting sounds, groans) I'm trying to care.... I'm tryyyyyyyy-ing, I'm..... (exhale)
Nope, can't do it, but I'll say a quick prayer for her anyway.

:lol::lol::lol:

Interesting article, now I remember why I quit reading all that vital msn news.:bigsmile:

Originally posted by VirginiaHuguenot
(she continues to dodge questions about rumored beau Stephen Bing)

Haha, I confused her with Gwyneth Paltrow and thought, "But isn't she married to that guy from Coldplay? She has a lot of O.T. reading to do!" :lol:

Originally posted by puritansailor
You never know. God may save her through her academic curiosity.

Hopefully so!

In the meantime, tabloids will be spreading rumours that Gwyneth Paltrow is having an affair with Stephen Bing. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back