Next Governor of Tennessee?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthernSaint

Puritan Board Freshman
As a Tennessee native I'm embarrassed about this!
I guess I should at least take pride that anybody (and I MEAN ANYBODY) has a shot at the governor seat!!

[video=youtube;1hvaeHllwtw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hvaeHllwtw[/video]

I live in Nashville, that's my local NBC station. I must have missed this...

I have to echo Boliver's above sentiment. I'm really confused here. You have to have $$$ to even file the paperwork needed to run, which assumes resources and/or financial backing. My question is (not to be unkind), who would?

I can't tell if this man is simply "backwoods" or mentally challenged, so I don't want to poke fun. But yeah, wow!

I looked this guy up. Apparently, he served as a Marine. Perhaps he sustained a traumatic brain injury. The spelling/grammar on his site is atrocious, and his ideas are a bit looney...

Well, unless Knoxville Mayor Bill Haslam (a Evangelical Presbyterian Elder), East TN Congressman Zach Wamp (an evangelical Christian as I understand it), or Lt Gov Ramsey all get run over by a train, I wouldn't worry about it this guy getting the Republical nomination. Every state has some sort of looney candidate.

No Tennesseean should be embarassed. Thing is, we usually don't elect the nut jobs here in Tennessee, which is more than I can say for Minnesota, California, etc. :)

You mean Kinky Friedman? Gatewood Galbraith comes to mind in KY. And these are the ones that don't get elected :)

Rev. Tom, I agree that Tennesseans have a better head on their shoulders than that!
However, do you remember the nut job from our neighboring state who DID get elected and who thought Guam would sink due to excessive US troops?
You may have already seen the video from April this year but it's still funny stuff that's worth sharing again! Enjoy:
[video=youtube;l9R-cQ_A_6w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9R-cQ_A_6w[/video]

Our town is the residence of the famous "NJ Weedman" who tries to get elected under the legalize marijuana ticket in almost every election. His money goes up in smoke more ways than one.

From his website:

What I would like to do:

Give rights back to the parents. If children know that you can not touch them all they have to do is call the law and say you hit them ( weather you did or not). Then your in jail and any chance of discipline goes out the window.
Principles and teachers are next in line. Our principles should go to a school or take classes to be taught how to do the job successfully. The classes should be taught by retired principles. So that we can have world competitive principles.
Teachers should have a bachelors degree or if they are a technical teacher they should be at the top of their trade that they teach. All teachers should be tested annually to ensure that they have the technical and educational know how to do the job properly.
We need to give teachers motivation to teach. I think we should give them bonuses for higher classroom achievement. After all theses are our children, they need every opportunity we can give to them so they can succeed in this world. We need to bring in educational material on a world level. Our children will not be able to compete in this day and age if they are learning outdated material. As the world changes so must the education material. I also believe we should put a second language classes in at the end of elementary school instead of waiting until middle school. We need to add more after school tutoring programs for troubled students. Every mind is important and different, some children just need more time to learn, and some just need to be taught how to learn.

hes got ma voat!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back