New Song - The City Harmonic - what think ye?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvanlaan

Puritan Board Doctor
I'm not usually a fan of CCM, but this band has my cousin playing drummer. It comes across as a bit Emergent-ish (maybe that's just me), but it's quite catchy. Have a listen:

YouTube - The City Harmonic - Manifesto (OFFICIAL)

Lyrics here:
We believe in the one true God
We believe in Father Spirit Son
We believe that good has won

And all of the people of God sing along

Amen

We are free He died and lives again
We will be a people free from sin
Well be free a kingdom with no end

And all of the people of God sing along

Amen

Our father who art in Heaven, hallowed by thy name
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who have trespassed against us
Lord lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil
For thine Is the kingdom, power and the glory forever

We’re singing –
Amen.

What is emergent about it? Nothing seems un-Scriptural... I've dug this song for a while.

Glad to hear it - I wasn't sure how far afield it has gone (it was shot in downtown Hamilton and it is all a very local production). I guess I just know my cousin (who, though very grounded, has a liking for Rob Bell) and so I see 'emergent' stuff where perhaps it is not (that's why I said that maybe it's just me). I guess the 'edgy-ness' of it, I don't know...(and I wasn't thinking so much the unscriptural angel of 'emergent', just the couches vs pews, funky sunglasses, goatees, and candles sort of thing!)

Last edited:
I don't normally listen to this style of music, but I did like this song. I could gladly say "Amen" with the song because of the truth that is sang. I suppose the video has somewhat of an emergent look because of the people involved, but I don't want to be overly cynical by their appearance and such.

I don't normally listen to this style of music, but I did like this song. I could gladly say "Amen" with the song because of the truth that is sang. I suppose the video has somewhat of an emergent look because of the people involved, but I don't want to be overly cynical by their appearance and such.

Neither do I, but since it is my cousin, I thought I'd post and bump.

I LOVE it.

new definition of "emmergent" UNDER 30 and well dressed!

OK now, enough with the emergent un-bashing. They don't dress like me and have piercings, so I'm pretty sure they're of the devil. Besides, the comment comes more from my knowledge of my cousin, not so much from the video itself. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back