New, simple blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

W.C. Dean

Puritan Board Sophomore
Hello everyone, I have tried my hand at starting a blog a few times in my life and they have all been failures, exclusively due to the fact that I do not manage them at all, and usually write about one or two ideas and then abandon the blog. Assessing my failures, I decided to make a very simple blog where I will post my own musings on Southern history, culture, and politics. I have also tried my hand at poetry for the first time in my life. I also schedule posts so that way if I have a few ideas, they will not all release at once. Right now I have one original poem, one Henry Timrod poem, and one short article on the designer and origins of the Confederate flag.

I downloaded that little map from somewhere else but yes I do. Missouri had a pro-secession government and had some of the fiercest pro-South partisans. West Virginia is still Virginia, and many West Virginians are more Southern than many Virginians. Maryland has always historically been considered Southern, and the state was a hotbed for pro-secession politics. Lincoln had many of the state legislature thrown in prison without causation because they desired to meet to discuss secession. The state song is anti-Lincoln and anti-North. I will send you a link to a book about Maryland's southern history.

The state flag of Maryland also bares a Confederate partisan symbol. The red cross was used by Maryland troops.

Great idea to write about your interests and musings, W.C. Your blog will probably last longer that way! Very informative article about the Confederate flag.

I downloaded that little map from somewhere else but yes I do. Missouri had a pro-secession government and had some of the fiercest pro-South partisans. West Virginia is still Virginia, and many West Virginians are more Southern than many Virginians. Maryland has always historically been considered Southern, and the state was a hotbed for pro-secession politics. Lincoln had many of the state legislature thrown in prison without causation because they desired to meet to discuss secession. The state song is anti-Lincoln and anti-North. I will send you a link to a book about Maryland's southern history.
I wish I could convince Missourians that Missouri is in the South, because whenever I meet them they claim to be midwestern. As far as I'm concerned they lost the right to call themselves midwestern at least one of the times the burned Lawrence, Kansas.

I wish I could convince Missourians that Missouri is in the South, because whenever I meet them they claim to be midwestern. As far as I'm concerned they lost the right to call themselves midwestern at least one of the times the burned Lawrence, Kansas.

The same with Oklahomans. People usually say that's not Southern, but they forget it was the land of 'Five Civilized Tribes' who fought for the Confederate States. Cherokee General Stand Watie was the last Confederate commanding officer to surrender.

Great idea to write about your interests and musings, W.C. Your blog will probably last longer that way! Very informative article about the Confederate flag.

Thank you. There is a lot of ideas floating out there about the design of the flag, and many think it is overtly Christian. However, Mr. Miles the designer purposefully avoided such imagery.

For a time I lived in St. Louis but worked down in Jefferson County. My coworkers started laughing at me while I was on the phone one day -- apparently my Georgia accent came out when I was talking to folks near our office but flattened out when I was talking to city folk. Maybe the Meremec River divides north and south.

For a time I lived in St. Louis but worked down in Jefferson County. My coworkers started laughing at me while I was on the phone one day -- apparently my Georgia accent came out when I was talking to folks near our office but flattened out when I was talking to city folk. Maybe the Meremec River divides north and south.

Jean, I clicked on your link and checked out your church's website. Very nice. Clean-looking and organized.

Hello everyone, I have tried my hand at starting a blog a few times in my life and they have all been failures, exclusively due to the fact that I do not manage them at all, and usually write about one or two ideas and then abandon the blog. Assessing my failures, I decided to make a very simple blog where I will post my own musings on Southern history, culture, and politics. I have also tried my hand at poetry for the first time in my life. I also schedule posts so that way if I have a few ideas, they will not all release at once. Right now I have one original poem, one Henry Timrod poem, and one short article on the designer and origins of the Confederate flag.

Hey you’re in Gloucester? What church do you go to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Add a search function to your blog. It's literally the difference between a good blog and a mediocre one. You'll also want it for yourself when you need to find a topic on which you've written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back