New MacArthur Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of attacking Julie Roys, who I have not found to be a tabloid at all but has also done good work on exposing Mark Driscoll (my own pastor and friend was interviewed by her), read or listen to the testimony of Dr. Dennis Swanson who was at Master’s Seminary for 25 years and had first hand knowledge of what went on there.

If you want just one example of the kind of fraud the Mac camp is up to, listen to Swanson’s account of the $200,000 King James Bible that was non-gifted by MacArthur to the seminary library.

If you listen to the interview, you will also hear Swanson talk about the character assassination tactics the MacArthur camp uses on anyone they have issues with, including long time staff they let go, including people with impeccable reputations. Phil Johnson has repeatedly attacked Julie Roys to discredit her and the Mac mafia has followed suit rather than listen to or answer the claims and proof Roys has put forward through examining documents and the testimonies of former insiders. One side presents facts and testimony, another side responds with character attacks.

If eyewitness testimony of an insider is not sufficient, I am not sure what would convince you.
Roys has increasingly taken on a tabloid style, and the best construction I can put on her half turning over the site to the liberal RNS is that she needs the clicks. When she worked for Moody she wasn't into exposes or whatever you want to call it full time, but that's been what she's done since the MacDonald controversy. She was also involved in a highly questionable episode with a troubled young woman. I think she's done some good work, but I also think she has not done herself any favors at times. The MacArthur campaign did come across at times as throwing as much mud against the wall as she possibly could and seeing what sticks. There are other things that are much worse in evangelicalism that have gone unreported on.

I do think Swanson has done more damage than anyone else in revealing the "irregularities" there, etc. But most of the critics with the possible exception of Cho are open to the charge that they aren't as conservative as they used to be and that they are just trying to tear MacArthur down over "Go Home", COVID, etc.

So long as the connection with the likes of Ligonier and Beeke are maintained, many won't entertain anything negative about MacArthur beyond theological disagreements. It was MacArthur who gave Mohler, Duncan, and Dever the stiff-arm over social justice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back