New Luther documentary (free!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings PB brethren,

A new Luther documentary film is available for free online streaming. Entitled "Martin Luther: The Idea That Changed the World," it looks to be an interesting effort.

Here's the link: http://www.pbs.org/program/martin-luther-idea-changed-world/

Enjoy.
I just watched it, and was quite good, qas it did highlight just how corrupt Rome was at that time, and how far from the Bible they were in their theology. Also, showed that Luther still had his faults, the 2 main ones being that he would not agree to any real unity among the non Catholics, and also that he was very anti Semitic in his later years, as his works was used by Hitler himself to stir up the German people against the Jews.

OVERHEARD ON FACEBOOK

The presentation/drama on the life and work of Martin Luther, surprisingly, was fairly straight forward and historically sound until it got toward the end of the two hour piece when it sought to identify today's Social Justice Warriors in the progressive liberal wing with Luther. One knew that PBS would interject its liberal agenda sooner or later!

Kim Burgess

I thought it was pretty good, but I screamed at the TV towards the end when they claimed that Luther's movement was the catalyst for public education.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back