"New" Heresy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Miller

Puritan Board Freshman
Hello! So I am doing a message this weekend on being not being swayed, being steadfastness, etc. Long story short, I wanted to see if ya'll knew of any "new" kind of heresy/false teaching that was going around. I realize that there is nothing new under the sun, but something that was kind of like a "current event" thing. I could then use it as an example in the message. Thoughts?

Theistic mutualism and the (supposed) eternal subordination of the Son are two that come to mind.

Theistic evolution, egalitarianism, contemporary grace movement, Hebrew roots movement, Federal Vision, social justice warriors, fear of man, narcissism, entertainment frenzy, sports idolatry, Sabbath rejection, man-made traditions taking pride of place over God's Word, hatred of church, take your pick. Any number of candidates, although, of course, some of these have been around quite a lot longer than others. But all of them are quite contemporary as well.

Christian mysticism new age Bethel-Church stuff. Anything involving fog machines in worship should work too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back