New e-book on Science, Faith and Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

iainduguid

Puritan Board Junior
I've just released a new e-book entitled "Science, Faith and Origins: a (Very) Short Introduction". It's based on the material I developed for my class at Grove City College, exploring the relationship between science and faith, specifically with reference to the origins question. It's designed for ordinary people who don't have much exposure to the discussion, unpacking the questions of what we mean by "science" (natural philosophy) and "faith" (theology), the complexity of trying to correlate the two in terms of origins, and why "myth" isn't really the right category to describe the opening chapters of Genesis (unless we are willing to use the term much more broadly of modern people's beliefs as well). I give a summary of the various views of the days of creation, and the strengths and weaknesses of the different views, as well as a defense of why literal Adam and Eve are important. All in an accessible and brief treatment. Available from Amazon on Kindle for $3.99.

I created this e-book to go with the first installment of my through-the-Bible adult Sunday School curriculum (on Genesis, naturally enough), which has just been released through the ARP Bookstore, but hope it will have more widespread usefulness as well. I'd be glad to hear any feedback people have after they have read it.

Thanks for publishing this book. I found it to be an eminently accessible primer on the the relationship between faith and science. Your balance of identifying key issues while using a clear, uncomplicated writing style makes this book very worthwhile. I especially appreciated your even-handed approach to presenting various creationist perspectives.

If you anticipate a hard copy release, please let us know. As my church's librarian, I'd love to add it to our collection.

Thanks for publishing this book. I found it to be an eminently accessible primer on the the relationship between faith and science. Your balance of identifying key issues while using a clear, uncomplicated writing style makes this book very worthwhile. I especially appreciated your even-handed approach to presenting various creationist perspectives.

If you anticipate a hard copy release, please let us know. As my church's librarian, I'd love to add it to our collection.
Hi Nate,
It is now out in paperback, also through Amazon. I appreciate your thoughtful review! If you could review it on Amazon, that would be very helpful as well.

Iain

Hi Nate,
It is now out in paperback, also through Amazon. I appreciate your thoughtful review! If you could review it on Amazon, that would be very helpful as well.

Iain

Excellent - I just bought two copies. One for a local high school and one for church. Your book is also now reviewed on Amazon :)

Available here for those living outside the US.
(The Book Depository is an Amazon subsidiary and offers free shipping worldwide.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back