New Cambridge NKJV

Status
Not open for further replies.

SolaGratia

Puritan Board Junior
Cambridge will be coming out with NEW NKJV Bibles. The text layout should have no intro notes like those found in the Thomas Nelson published Bibles. For more information here is their page, check out the pictures;

Publishing Commerce | Cambridge Bibles: Distributed by Baker Publishing Group in North America

I have order the hardcover NKJV, although I am not accustomed to reading from hardback bibles. I think the text layout is nice and I am thinking of using it for taking notes as well. Amazon.com has a nice NKJV Wide Margin Reference Blue Hardcover bible for only $41.57 when pre-order (by March 1) and comes with free shipping.

Here;Amazon.com: NKJV Wide Margin Reference Blue Hardcover NK741XRM: Books: Baker Publishing Group

Just got my black goatskin leather one this week. They are of course well made since they have to meet up to Cambridge standards. I was expecting a more verse by verse layout....it seems to be a mixed bag that I haven't seen before. It is red-lettered, which I am not the biggest fan of, but overall I am thrilled.

Gil,

Are some of those Bibles made by Allen & Sons? They seem similar.

As far as I know A & S does not make any Bibles they only do the rebinding of certain Bibles. Having said that, I do not think A & S is going to be rebinding these NKJV Cambridge Bibles, since they already come out with top quality leather (Calfskin, Goatskin, French Moroccan, etc.).

Note: I email Allan's to make sure and I am waiting for a respond.

The only NKJV's I've seen without red letters are the MacArthur Study Bible and pew editions.

Gil,

Are some of those Bibles made by Allen & Sons? They seem similar.

As far as I know A & S does not make any Bibles they only do the rebinding of certain Bibles. Having said that, I do not think A & S is going to be rebinding these NKJV Cambridge Bibles, since they already come out with top quality leather (Calfskin, Goatskin, French Moroccan, etc.).

Note: I email Allan's to make sure and I am waiting for a respond.

Thanks. I only asked because the description of the binding and the edges reads closely to the way the A&S Bible are made.

Got the respond. According to Nicholas, of Allan's, the NKJV Cambridge Bibles are made solely by Cambridge. So, those NKJV Bibles at the Allan's (Bibles-Direct.com) are being sold as Cambridge Bibles and not a rebind Allan's Bible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back