New Books for Father's Day?

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.L.

Puritan Board Sophomore
Morning,

Is anyone going to be receiving or giving any books as gifts for Father's Day?

I'm expecting to receive two new books; one for each of my young children to wrap and give.

- The Promise of the Future by Cornelis Venema

- Behold, He Cometh!: An Exposition of the Book of Revelation by Herman Hoeksema

How about you...?

Westminster Bookstore had some deals last week for Father's Day, so have ordered two I have been considering:

1. The Whole Christ, Sinclair Ferguson
  2. A Bruised Reed, Richard Sibbes

This reminds me that I need to put more books up for sale. Maybe my increased sales lately have included people treating themselves for "Fathers Day."

B.L. McDonald, I'm not making fun with my laughter above. I was just reacting to people getting themselves presents. I can't say that I've never done it, but perhaps not in a formal way. Maybe I'm missing out! LOL

B.L. McDonald, I'm not making fun with my laughter above. I was just reacting to people getting themselves presents. I can't say that I've never done it, but perhaps not in a formal way. Maybe I'm missing out! LOL

Yeah, the conversation with my wife often goes like this "hun, I know you love books...will you give me some titles and authors to choose from? You don't want me to google best selling Christian books and pick for you!" to which I promptly nod and provide. Now that my book purchases are narrowly restricted to special occasions I can't risk getting a dud to add to my shelf of shame. Lol.

My father will often reference Matthew Henry's commentary, so I got him a biography on MH. It's part of the bitesize biography series by Evangelical Press. I am a big fan of that series.

Spiritually I feel I have been struggling lately; I need to get back to a bricks and mortar church. So I decided I need some new books. I purchased
Triumphing over Sinful Fear by John Flavel
Holy Helps for a Godly Life by Richard Rogers
The Doctrine of Repentance by Thomas Watson

I used to tease one of my Old Testament profs that he should write a book: "The Old Testament: Why It's So Long." He laughed at that.

I got 2 books:
- Commentary on Revelation Chapter 1-3 - James Durham
- Rational Biblical Theology of Jonathan Edwards - Volume 2 - Gerstner - (to complete my set)

Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back