New Book: Imago Dei and Intellectual Disabilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwithnell

Staff member
You likely have, or will, encounter people in your ministry who have cognitive disabilities. P&R is releasing next week:

It Has Not Yet Appeared What We Shall Be: A Reconsideration of the Imago Dei in Light of Those with Severe Cognitive Disabilities

I have already found application for this work and blessing in my life as a mother of an autistic son and as a daughter of parents with age-related dementia. (I had the chance to read an early draft.)

The book most directly addresses those with severe disabilities and their life within the church. Its audience is academic, hence the rather drab cover design. Don't let that put you off -- this topic is important and deserves the thoroughly reformed treatment it is given. The book's scope is grand given its thorough treatment of imago dei and its thoughtful application to those whose disability may not meet the relational or functional frameworks previously proposed.

Its author is my pastor who has ministered in the OPC for some 23 years.

Last edited:
Wow. This gives me the chills. God is so so good to have commissioned this book be penned. I do hope that it reaches far and is used in a huge way.

Thank you for sharing!

We've had folks on PB trying to develop a Biblical framework on these issues. I'm hoping God can use this book in a great way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back