Need help articulating my view on Scripture

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgemmen9

Puritan Board Freshman
Lately I have a hard time articulating something is upsetting me internally. I hear various preachers (ministers, students, and professors) and I see various presuppositional differences. Some interpet the word of God literally, at face value. This kind of hermeneutic displays God as a serious God (while still maintaining grace found in Christ). I would say that these preachers are orthodox, some Ph. D students even who are solidly reformed. I wonder this: the sermon though seems that life is more about repentence and giving it all over to Christ. In contrast, other preachers, some who I would also say are solidly reformed, display a kind of God who is everloving, his kindness leads us to repentence but there seems to be a less "imminent" view of Christ and a seriousness of living day to day. THe first man is a more high strung person and a Ph.d Student. The second has been in ministry for years and has a family. Discussion? Which Jesus is right?

I appreciate that you are trying to be careful and not name names, but this sounds like something that would be best discussed in private with your pastor or Session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back