Need a Latin Translator

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenbaggins

Puritan Board Doctor
My Latin is very bumbling, and way too slow for the project I am currently writing. I am wondering if anyone knows Latin well enough to do some serious translating for me within the next two weeks. It is of two Reformation era commentaries on Ezekiel, about 6 pages total. I am willing to pay.

Wayne Sparkman referred a guy he knows to me who needs work; he does work in Latin and in Dutch; you might email Wayne. I do not have the contact info.

In case they’re too expensive....

Would you prefer Ubbadubbah instead? That will cost extra, cause know one on this board is old enough to remember it.

My Latin is very bumbling, and way too slow for the project I am currently writing. I am wondering if anyone knows Latin well enough to do some serious translating for me within the next two weeks. It is of two Reformation era commentaries on Ezekiel, about 6 pages total. I am willing to pay.
I could ask Dr. David C. Noe (Beza - Treatise on the Lord's Supper, Junius - True Theology, upcoming Arrowsmith project, Reformation Commentary on Scripture) though he stays pretty busy. When is the deadline?

Hopefully not a thread derail, but how is Latin translated since nobody speaks it anymore? I assume you learn it from an English perspective? I guess the same question could be asked about any dead language.

Hopefully not a thread derail, but how is Latin translated since nobody speaks it anymore? I assume you learn it from an English perspective? I guess the same question could be asked about any dead language.
Well...people still translate the Bible without speaking Koine and Aramaic from childhood these day.

I think Latin has technically been a dead language since about the 6th or 7th centuries, but it was so universally used in learned discourse up into even modernity that the ability to translate it has never been lost. It's not like ancient Hebrew, which was only ever spoken by one small culture in a very small part of the world. Latin's lasting influence in the West is virtually ubiquitous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back