Nabeel Qureshi has gone to the Lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If not a full "Who, What, When, Where", at least the 'Who' would have helped.

I Googled and got the back story, but as I indicated, providing context isn't a bad thing. Just because you know who you are talking about, it doesn't mean that everyone will recognize the name and recall the details.

With all due respect,

1. I posted a link for you to read about him. All you had to do was read the article.
2. This is sober news and your response to the post is inappropriate. If you had concerns, more tact was in order.

Ty,

I do not think a suggestion for a wee bit more information as context is inappropriate.

While the name seemed vaguely familiar to me, I had to search out who this person was before I decided to click your link. It then dawned on me that I had his book about his conversion to Christianity on my Amazon wishlist. We should not expect everyone to just click a link to find out what exactly post is all about.

I thoroughly agree with you that this is a sober topic. All the more reason, especially to avoid occasions of morbid curiosity, to ensure the reader has some background about a solemn topic for what is to come at a supplied link.

After reviewing the link in question, I viewed some of Mr. Qureshi's ongoing video blogs from his hospital bed over the months. His varying hopefulnesss, despair, and ultimate acceptance of his struggle will linger with me for some time. I hope that I would be able to deal with such a fate as he seemed to do. Seeing a young man full of life, as in this short video with his friend David Wood, made this news all the more grievous for me today. I will be praying for his wife and two year old daughter.

He spoke at Georgia Tech with Mr. Ravi Zacharias a couple years ago. He seemed like such a gentle and humble man, yet so passionate about wanting people to know how good God is and how they need Him.

A wonderful, timely apologist. Sad to see him leave so soon.

Over the span of his blogs, I heard him worry about the jeering and mocking of the Muslim community. I watched his facebook posts drown with comments on faith healing. And I wished the Lord would, to be frank, shut their mouths. It was thus comforting and very sweet to watch Nabeel in the end find his comfort in the Lord's will alone.

Beyond the doubtful clicking and context issue, truly sad that such a young soul has been recalled by God. At least from an earthly perspective. However, he's in his glory now. Stomach cancer could not but only rush his meeting with his Lord. Prayers for his young wife and child.

Last week I watched a few of his video logs and learned quite a bit about how tough it is to leave Islam. He and his ministry will be missed. I will keep his family in my prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back