My Grandmother is dying

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalawine

Puritan Board Junior
Today I called my Mom to see how my grandmother (my Mom's Mom) was doing. I was told yesterday that she had little time left. Today she was "given" 48 hours at the most.
My sons and I went to the hospital to see her tonight because we were told that it might be our last chance to see her alive. We were disappointed when we got there because she was "in and out" and if she knew we were there it wasn't obvious. She is 90 years old and she has lived a good, long life. I have no complaints about her passing. She assured me just a few months ago that she is saved and ready to meet Jesus and go to be with Jesus and my Grandpa.
My prayer for her at the hospital (I prayed silently of course) was that the Lord would have mercy and take her soon. She is so pitiful lying there with an oxygen mask on her face, trying with all her might to breath. Please pray that her suffering will end soon.
Love in Christ,
Kevin

Kevin, may the LORD grant your petition and welcome your grandmother into His loving arms.

Kevin, may the LORD grant your petition and welcome your grandmother into His loving arms.

Thanks so much. I have never watched anyone suffer like that before. It really is pitiful isn't it? I don't believe in euthanasia but watching my grandma tonight made me understand why so many secularists do.

Thank God we do not have to grieve like those of the world...

1 Thessalonians Chapter 4

13Brothers, we do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, who have no hope. 14We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in him.

Praying for your grandmother's peaceful transition from this earth into the presence of God and that He comfort you and your family during this time.:pray2:

Oh my brother. My brother. This is so hard, suffering is so hard! We know that God uses suffering to develop us and mature us. I shall pray for you! As for her? May her suffering end soon and be welcome into our saviour's loving arms! She has a wonderful couple of days ahead in many ways!

We'll be praying for you and your family. I've been there many times with both family and church members. It is tough. God will give you the grace you need.

Kevin,

Praying.

May the Lord comfort you and your grandmother during this time of suffering.

Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

1 Corinthians 15:53-57
53 For this perishable body must put on the imperishable, and this mortal body must put on immortality. 54 When the perishable puts on the imperishable, and the mortal puts on immortality, then shall come to pass the saying that is written:

“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
55 “O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

56 The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. 57 But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Kevin,

I'm praying for your family, it's a tough thing to watch someone you love as they struggle between this life and the next, as those ties in this world are broken.

Praise God He gave you the opportunity to spend a little time with her, even IF she wasn't fully aware of the time you were there, YOU ARE!! And in the days and years to come, that is in part what will bring you comfort, knowing you were able to have that brief time.

Praying for your precious grandmother in her suffering. How wonderful that she is to see Christ soon. Rejoicing for her as well; and praying that her fullness of joy meets her very soon.

All that I could say has been said, brother. Words fail and tears come, but our God is faithful to receive her to Himself, and one day we will all rejoice together in His presence. You have this family's prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back