My Golden Retriever Died...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puritanhead

Puritan Board Professor
Recent newspaper cover story of my dog Whaler...
Dog Brings Christmas Cheer

My golden retriever Whaler died this past week... and I had to bury him not long ago... He died the way I would have wanted to go-- chasing women and getting hit by a truck in process... Presumably, the FedEx man mowed him down coming down our driveway as the dog likes to dart down the driveway and outrun vehicles. He succombed to internal injuries as the autospy revealed. I found him a few hours after he was last seen on the side of the road in front of our neighbor's house.

Last summer, his father Buddy was hit by a truck and died, and my cat Webster is still missing in action. God has it in for the pets in my household. We only have one dog left -- which is his mother. I had just walked Whaler early that same morning only hours beforehand.

I know Whaler sounds like a stupid name for a dog, but we named him after the Boston Whaler boat because his father Buddy liked the ocean and boating so much. The dogs come from good stock. As an aside, Whaler's brother Scout has celebrity and has been in movies such as The Water is Wide from Hallmark Entertainment most recently and television commercials aired during nightly news (under the tutelage of a film studio trainer from Wilmington, NC which is the East Hollywood)... Scout would be a shoe-in to be in the next "Air Bud" if Disney would take a break from making smut films-- and make a third movie for the worn-out "Air Bud" franchise.

I can handle the bereavement over the loss of a pet-- but he will be missed, but the incident so upset my mother... her blood pressure went off the charts.

[Edited on 9-3-2005 by Puritanhead]

Im so sorry about your loss. It breaks my heart I lost my three cats this year alone and it still hurts. Praying for you guys.

In Christ,
Blade

I'm so sorry. That's rough. At 20 I held the mutt that I had had since I was 9 as he died from convulsions following a sudden stroke. My brother and I both lost it (my brother was 3 when we got him and 14 when the dog died). Praying for ya, hon.

Ryan,

We are "big time" dog people with a German Shepherd named "Winnie" - short for Winifred which means "peaceful friend". She is only 3 1/2 and I can't bear the thought of being without her someday, even though she is even more my wife's dog.

Praying for you and your mom in this time of sorrow.

Ryan...

Praying for you and mom....

We lost our beloved Scotty a few years back....and miss him every single day!

What a deep bond God blesses us with our pets. This present evil age is one of destruction and death. How sweet The Hope is in light of such sorrow.

:pray2:

Robin

I feel for you. I know what it's like to pick my dog up off the side of the road. (Boohoo!) We love them like people. And I cry just as hard (though not as long) when mine die.

[Edited on 9-3-2005 by ChristianasJourney]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back