My favorite Latin phrase.

Status
Not open for further replies.

reaganmarsh

Puritan Board Senior
Greetings PB brethren,

I thought I would share my favorite Latin phrase with you.

Quicquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

It means: "Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound!"

Ha ha ha!

A message to the liberal Senators:

Cum catapulatae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt

My favorite: Quod non est biblicum, non est theologicum

After watching my seminary profs spin wild-eyed fantasies that ran directly counter to Scripture under the pretence of "theological exegesis," discovering this line was an epiphany for me. If it isn't biblical, it isn't theological!!!

My theo prof in a leading evangelical college and then at a leading evangelical seminary (he moved from the one to the other) argued that during his pastorate, he would invite non-believers (even atheists) to participate in communion. His argument was that if they took part in church/church activities, they were part of the "body of Christ" and had every right to partake of communion. "You wouldn't allow an intellectual problem (like unbelief) trump solidarity with the Body of Christ, would you?" When he was challenged that this view was unbiblical, he replied that it was "theological exegesis" and that the spirit is more important than the letter. To argue that the Bible forbade it was "gnostic" he opined!

Last edited:
Nescio tam vestrum multos latinam pulcherrimam linguam dicere posse! Amo dictum Aurelii Augustinii: "Sero te amavi pulchritudo tam antiqua et tam nova sero te amavi."

Last edited:
"Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"

"Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?"

"Deo gratias google interpres!"

Greetings PB brethren,

I thought I would share my favorite Latin phrase with you.

Quicquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.

It means: "Whatever is said in Latin sounds profound!"

Ha ha ha!

I thought it might mean "Free E-book today !" .......... :lol:

From my antiquarian memory library this surfaced, you may know it so apologies in advance.
"Derdaygo,fortelorais inarow.
Daynot Lorais, dayar trucs,
Fullageese, anchiks unducs."

From my antiquarian memory library this surfaced, you may know it so apologies in advance.
"Derdaygo,fortelorais inarow.
Daynot Lorais, dayar trucs,
Fullageese, anchiks unducs."

Sounds vaguely familiar. Here's the version I know:

O sibili, si ergo!
Fortibus es in ero.
O nobili, themsis trux.
Si vat sinem? Causen dux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back