My dog is leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

ubermadchen

Puritanboard <strong>Outlaw</strong>
Any dog owners around? Since around Thanksgiving, I've noticed that every once in a while I'll find these clear water spots on my carpet where my dog was hanging out. I don't know if it's urine. Sorry for the TMI but I sniffed it and there's no odor. It makes me wonder if it's drool but then today I noticed she did it on my bathroom carpet. When I took out the carpet to clean it, it was leaking a great amount of water! Too much for drool, I think. She doesn't seem to have any trouble urinating, or pain. She seems to be drinking the same amount of water each day. I can't tell if there's any blood in her urine; she likes to pee in the bushes (she likes her privacy). The strange thing is, I've never watched her leak; I just find the spots. She's done it several times when I've been home and I had only taken her out maybe two hours or less before. She never even indicated to me that she wanted to go out. I try to take her out every four hours. Some info on her: two and half years old, spayed female dog, corgi/catahoula (?) mixed dog. Any ideas?

how about this?

Doggie%20Diapers.jpg

Are you sure she just isn't licking the carpet? My grandma has a dog who will lick the same place for nearly 30 minutes straight. Obviously if you let the dog do that for that long, alot of saliva adds up. The carpet is absolutely soaked and it looks like the dog urinated, but he just licked it to death.

Andrew, I'm pretty sure she'll murder me in my sleep if I make her wear that.

Boliver, It might be drool. She does love to hang out on the bathroom carpet and lick her feet (really, who doesnt?). Afterwards her feet are pretty soaked.

I would not mess around trying to figure it out. I would take the dog to the vet. It could be vaginitus or a uti. If the vet can't find an infection then keep her crated and observe her.

It's definitely urine and not drool. I was putting some laundry away and I saw her pee in my room. It's 6pm and I took her out at 4:30. I'll head to the vet on Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back