Must have it!

Discussion in 'Puritan Literature' started by ~~Susita~~, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Presbyterian Deacon

Presbyterian Deacon Puritan Board Graduate

:agree: It's a bit "pricey" as I recall, but worth the :moneywings:

2. VirginiaHuguenot

VirginiaHuguenot Puritanboard Librarian

For a book that is almost 900 pages and sells for $25.00 or less, I think it is a bargain. And I too highly recommend it. Beeke's co-author is a member of the PB, btw.

3. Presbyterian Deacon

:oops:
    For some reason, I was thinking it was closer to $40. (?) I could be confusing it his other one that I picked up about the same time.

Puritan Reformed Spirituality. (I think was $35). Too many books...I loose track!

4. bookslover

bookslover Puritan Board Doctor

Just so you know: all books published before 1923 are permanently out of copyright. Those should be obtainable for free or for cheap.

5. Ivan

Ivan Pastor

At this point I have found that anything by Beeke is excellent.

6. danmpem

danmpem Puritan Board Junior

I'm not sure who is benefiting from the thread more, Susita or me. :lol: :book2:

7. ~~Susita~~

~~Susita~~ Puritan Board Junior

Guess who got her Matthew Henry books today?! YEAH!!! :banana:

Oh and Dan, how was that conference in SLO?

8. Presbyterian Deacon

:book2:Enjoy!:book2:

9. danmpem

danmpem Puritan Board Junior

I decided about a month ago that I wasn't going to go. Last week was my Spring Break, and I just wanted to visit with my family. But I also decided not to go, because suddenly the "John Piper Conference", as the event was known as, became the thing to do at my church. A congregation who couldn't care less about monergistic theology suddenly all wanted to get tickets to the DG Conference, because that was the latest popular thing.

John Piper is probably my favorite contemporary Christian author - I've read most of his books, listened to his podcast, watched his podcast, and I just thought that unless I was really going to be getting something out of going in person that I couldn't get from his other forms of media, there really wasn't much of a reason for someone like me to go. Now, one of my friends who is 17 and has never heard of Piper (or joy in God for that matter), I think benefited quite a lot from the conference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.