Multi-church Men's Groups and Fraternal Organizations

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjureformed

Puritan Board Freshman
Do you see any problem with men from different churches getting together in a group or organization? What if they have certain qualifications for being part of this group? What if they have meetings that are closed to people who are not members?

By the reference to "fraternal organizations" and "closed meetings" do you refer to the freemasons or some similar oath-bound group that is by its nature inimical to orthodox Christianity? (If so, that's obviously a big problem.) Otherwise, you will have to be more specific. There are some legitimate reasons why a group may need to (at least at some point) have a closed meeting.

EDIT: Am I guessing correctly that your question pertains to the organization you have listed under "Interests" on your profile? In that case some would argue that it is less clear cut than the masons but that it can still undermine the church, may have other problems depending on the nature of whatever oath is taken and so on. (That institution or order (although moreso across the pond) has been also been discussed here several times in the past, with most though perhaps not all having a negative view.)

Have you discussed this with your pastor or elders?

If you are being so vague due to concerns with regard to privacy, etc. the moderators can move the thread to the members only "Coffee Shop" forum. In other words....a forum "closed to people who are not members." :)

Last edited:
I agree with Pilgrim, If we are talking about an oath bound society, then the churches should tell their men not to participate. If we are talking about an organization of men to discuss politics and civic betterment of their community; then I would not see a reason for the elders of congregations to discourage their men from becoming involved.

the moderators can move the thread to the members only "Coffee Shop" forum. In other words....a forum "closed to people who are not members.

Unfortunately, unless the administrators made special arrangements, he then wouldn't be able to view the responses since he only has one post under his belt.

the moderators can move the thread to the members only "Coffee Shop" forum. In other words....a forum "closed to people who are not members.

Unfortunately, unless the administrators made special arrangements, he then wouldn't be able to view the responses since he only has one post under his belt.

I thought that was just PM's and maybe Politics and Government, the Pub, etc. And to think I used to be a moderator. But I've been out of that loop for several years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back