Mr. Strip’s Commentary on Ms. S. Steel’s expositional handling of Mushroom Crème

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grant

Puritan Board Graduate
The before (only thing missing in photo that will be used is butter and Ms. S. Steel!):

2119B44E-2157-4BA7-BE11-33843DD4A4C6.jpeg

Afters to arrive tonight. Due to inflation, we have probably not cooked steaks in the last 3-4 months. Since my kids have been begging I decided to splurge for tonight. Cooking of mushroom crème and strips to occur in stainless steel pans of pain. Green beans to be roasted to help reduce workload and defend against the kitchen heresy of countertop clutter (from the perspective of a neat freak).

Folks often struggle to draw the line between grave error and heresy. Let's be clear. This is heresy.

If you are willing to repent:

I disagree Sir Edward. Generally speaking, most vegetables that are roasted, far exceed their boiled counterparts in both flavor and texture.

Generally speaking, most vegetables that are roasted, far exceed their boiled counterparts in both flavor and texture.
Finally... a culinary point on which we fully agree... It gives me hope that your sad, artless views on gallus gallus domesticus sandwico may someday become more enlightened...

These days, when it comes to beans, simplicity trumps doctrinal precision. I deep fry them in hot bacon grease left over from breakfast.

Sometimes with batter, sometimes without.

I like growing pole beans and preserving them. We’ve pretty much used them up from last summer.

These days, when it comes to beans, simplicity trumps doctrinal precision. I deep fry them in hot bacon grease left over from breakfast.

Sometimes with batter, sometimes without.

I like growing pole beans and preserving them. We’ve pretty much used them up from last summer.
Well on the preserving note, I am a sucker for all things pickled. Vic, have you ever tried pickled green tomatoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back