Moving for Ecclesiastical Reasons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parmenas

Puritan Board Freshman
What do you think of a layman moving (changing residence) because, among other reasons, no sound churches are near the layman's present place of residence?

I think it's very commendable. Consider that it not only serves for the edification of the person moving, but also for the building up of the congregation to which he is moving. Many confessional Reformed churches are small and struggle numerically and financially. It can be a big help to a small congregation to have someone move to the area and become a contributing member to the cause of Christ in that place.

What a great thing to say to new neighbors. I moved here because I wanted to attend this certain church.

It's a great idea. While my wife and I would probably be moving anyways, we're relocating next summer and the most important criteria for our landing spot is the local church. As Tyler said, there are many solid confessional churches out there that could use some new congregants while many of us live in areas where there are only not-so-confessional churches that are doing just fine.

That's a fine reason to move. Just make sure you have a job too. And realize that any reason for a move (church, job, school) often ends up not being as wonderful as it looks from a distance. Don't put too much pressure on your new church to be perfect or to fix all your problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back