Mouse traps and the law of Inertia

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Humor' started by Stephen L Smith, Feb 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephen L Smith

Stephen L Smith Moderator Staff Member

When I got up to make a coffee this morning, I saw a mouse trap jumping accross the room. It appeared to be violating the law of Inertia [an object will remain at rest or move at a constant speed in a straight line unless it is acted on by an unbalanced force.] There was clearly no human force acting on the mouse trap. One of our cats was also wondering if the mouse trap was violating the law of Inertia. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Cymro

Cymro Puritan Board Junior

You want to leave the coffee alone Steve, it’s obviously giving you a high!

3. JTB.SDG

JTB.SDG Puritan Board Sophomore

What kind do you drink? I gotta get me some of that!!

4. Stephen L Smith

Ah I cannot blame the coffee (it is the Coffee recommended by the All Blacks :) ). Perhaps it is my Irish blood. Or perhaps it is my Reformed Baptist theology that makes me want to get immersed in scientific laws :lol:

5. Stephen L Smith

6. Cymro

Immerse yourself in the red coffee and perhaps you might move to paedobaptism!

7. Stephen L Smith

I know I have been joking a lot in this post, but in all seriousness I am struggling with the issue of Baptism. Actually today I was thinking how I need to get my head aound it! I can see some real confessional strengths in the covenant theology of the WCF and WLC, and have been concerned about some of the trends in 1689 Federalism. So a lot to think about.

8. TylerRay

TylerRay Puritan Board Senior

What is red coffee, exactly?

9. Cymro

Been there Steve, and it was a struggle, but it was a great enlightenment when it finalised. I have just reread Schenck’s treatment of it , after reading it when a young convert, but I could not take it all in then. But the second reading was better, and especially the covenant responsibility of the parents, which really convicted me. So much so that I had to have a coffee afterward!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.