Monergism Titles on Amazon for Kindle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through them, it looks like these are uploads some of their free ebooks that they have here on their site:

Glancing through the Amazon versions, I still see the lack of formatting and the OCR errors and typos that are in the free editions:

chrome_7drxBojLRC.png

However, I recognize it might be worth it for some to purchase it and have it as part of their Amazon note-taking/syncing system. Just be informed as to what you are buying.

I appreciate the work they have done in digitizing a lot of these, but be aware that most of the time it appears to be raw text, and even once as I was reading one, I noticed something that seemed a little strange, did some digging, and found there were dozens of pages that had been accidentally dropped from the text. Proofing takes a lot of time and effort and typically isn't done on free ebooks. These are not proofed copies.

Looking through them, it looks like these are uploads some of their free ebooks that they have here on their site:

Glancing through the Amazon versions, I still see the lack of formatting and the OCR errors and typos that are in the free editions:

View attachment 9483

However, I recognize it might be worth it for some to purchase it and have it as part of their Amazon note-taking/syncing system. Just be informed as to what you are buying.

I appreciate the work they have done in digitizing a lot of these, but be aware that most of the time it appears to be raw text, and even once as I was reading one, I noticed something that seemed a little strange, did some digging, and found there were dozens of pages that had been accidentally dropped from the text. Proofing takes a lot of time and effort and typically isn't done on free ebooks. These are not proofed copies.
Interesting.
I do know that I got a notification that downloading .mobi from somewhere else will no longer be an option on my kindle. Maybr I read that wrong but, recently downloads haven't worked. Might be what is spurring this.

That could be, Amazon might be phasing out .mobi from their Personal Document service. I use Calibre to store all my ebooks and then just load them to my devices in batch via USB. The benefit is that I have complete control over my library no matter what Amazon does. The downside is I don't the benefits of Amazon's ecosystem, i.e., being able to sync notes and location across devices. I still opt for control over that though but people's needs vary.

Anyway, with Calibre, you could still continue to use .mobi and convert to other formats (epub/azw3, etc) easily if necessary.

.mobi is no longer supported, but .epub is. Instead of .mobi, you just download and send .epub.

That could be, Amazon might be phasing out .mobi from their Personal Document service. I use Calibre to store all my ebooks and then just load them to my devices in batch via USB. The benefit is that I have complete control over my library no matter what Amazon does. The downside is I don't the benefits of Amazon's ecosystem, i.e., being able to sync notes and location across devices. I still opt for control over that though but people's needs vary.

Anyway, with Calibre, you could still continue to use .mobi and convert to other formats (epub/azw3, etc) easily if necessary.
Can you tell me more about Calibre?

Interesting.
I do know that I got a notification that downloading .mobi from somewhere else will no longer be an option on my kindle. Maybr I read that wrong but, recently downloads haven't worked. Might be what is spurring this.
They've had books on Amazon for years, but I don't know whether or not they may have more now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back