Modern Reformed Systematics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClayPot

Puritan Board Sophomore
Just wondering if y'all wanted to help me list the recent Reformed (I mean that term broadly) Systematics, say 1990 on?

So far, I have:

Systematic Theology - Wayne Grudem
A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith - Robert Reymond
Systematic Theology - Morton Smith
The Whole Counsel of God (Vol 1 released) - Richard Gamble
Systematic Theology (Vol 1 released) - Douglas Kelly
The Christian Life - Michael Horton

hmm Berkhof, Bavinck was reprinted adn translated recently, ConRefDog (Genderen, Velema- though note there are alot of typos and grammatical errors in it, but still worth consulting. modern dutch confessional reformed theology), and John Murray (vol 2 of his 4 volume collection is organized in traditional systematic form by topic, though note he never wrote a systematic theology. But if vol. 2 fonctions basically as one.Grudem relies heavilyon it in his).

I don't know if Gamble's is OFFICIALLY a Systematic. It is really a Biblical Theology- but if you are including both sides of the Theological Department, I would include it.

I don't know if Gamble's is OFFICIALLY a Systematic. It is really a Biblical Theology- but if you are including both sides of the Theological Department, I would include it.

I thought that it was Biblical Theology also (not having read it). But his faculty page (the one created by the university administration) said it's a Systematic, so I included it just to be safe.

RPTS: Academics: Faculty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back